The Library Research Services team supports researchers and research groups across the different schools, colleges, and interdisciplinary areas within the university. We support research and writing, open-access research and publishing, research metrics, and the promotion of research.
Contact the Research Services team about Library services and resources available to you, or to get advice on:
- Developing effective strategies for a literature search
- Writing for research proposal, thesis and publication
- Using referencing managers, such as EndNote, Zotero and Mendeley
- Adding publications to the RMIT Research Repository and managing research data
- Strategic publishing, including open access
- Research metrics support and research profiles
Research and writing training
From self-paced online guides and discipline-specific, customised workshops to regular training webinars and talks by invited speakers, see what training opportunities the Library Research team has on offer.
Open access research
We support open access publishing by managing the RMIT Research Repository and providing you with guidance on research data publishing and promotion using Figshare.
Managing your references and copyright
Get advice on how to integrate and manage references, cite Creative Commons works and comply with copyright requirements.
Scholarly communication and engagement
Get advice on strategic publishing, from planning to identifying where where to publish and promote your publications. We can guide you in creating and managing your researcher profile, and measuring and demonstrating your research impact.
Peer mentoring for HDR students
Connect with an HDR peer mentor to build your networks, discuss your goals, and receive guidance and support to help you navigate the challenges of being an HDR candidate. Get help with:
- practicing succinctly discussing your research topic
- developing your pitch for research papers or conferences
- managing your relationship with your supervisor
- meeting milestones
- staying connected to RMIT while studying remotely and more
To connect with an HDR peer mentor, go to Vygo web app or download Vygo mobile app from your app store. Make sure to use the 'Log In With University Credentials/SSO' option and then follow the prompts. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org