If an item is need is on loan, or at another campus Library, you can place a hold on it in LibrarySearch.
- You can place holds on up to 10 items at a time.
- Items in high demand are restricted to a 7-day loan.
- If you have overdue items, you cannot place or collect holds.
- If you’ve placed a hold on an item that is currently on the shelf, it can still be borrowed by other users until we collect it for you.
- Borrowers from other institutions, except CAVAL and ULANZ borrowers, cannot place items on hold.
Placing a hold
You must be logged in to place a hold.
- In LibrarySearch, select the item to view the details.
- Under the Locate / Request heading, click Place a Hold.
- Select the Library pick-up location
- Press Submit.
Collecting a hold
We will email you when your hold is ready. You’ll have 7 days to collect it.
Holds are available for collection from the holds shelf in the loans area of the Library you’ve selected as the pick-up location. If you do not pick your hold within 7 days from the date of our email notice, the item will be put back into circulation.
Cancelling a hold
The option for cancelling holds is in the Holds section of My Account on LibrarySearch.
If the hold you want to cancel is already available for a pick up, please let us know that you no longer need it. We can then re-shelve it or hold it for the next person.