The travel policy excludes COVID-related additional expenses, cancellation & curtailment expenses and loss of deposits. Importantly, please note you are still covered for the medical treatment costs of COVID.
The travel policy explicitly excludes mobile phones and tablets. There is a $1,000 excess fee for claims involving laptops and personal computers. If you want these items covered, you must purchase additional insurance with another provider.
Other exclusions include:
- Engaging in air travel except as a passenger in any properly licensed aircraft
- Any deliberately self-inflicted injury, including suicide or attempted suicide
- A sexually transmitted disease, or Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) or Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) infection
- Any criminal or intentional illegal act
- Any global experience program in your home country (the flights to and from your home country are included)
For full details of policy conditions, limitations and exclusion, please consult the RMIT Student Travel Policy Statement and Schedule.