Eligible international students and New Zealand citizens can apply for a discounted annual pass for use on public transport in Victoria.
International exchange students, students with refugee status and recipients of Australian Award Scholarships are already eligible for discounted travel. The iUSEpass doesn’t apply to these students.
iUSEpass stands for International Undergraduate Student Education Pass and is a Public Transport Victoria (PTV) scheme that entitles eligible students to a half price annual PTV pass.
Is iUSEpass right for you?
To be eligible for iUSEPass you must:
- be an international student or New Zealand citizen and
- studying full time, i.e. in each semester you are studying 36 credit points (higher education programs) or at least 270 hours (vocational education programs), and
- have your student card, and
- be enrolled in either a full-time undergraduate program (Bachelor Degree or Associate Degree) or a higher vocational education program (Advanced Diploma or Diploma), or
- be currently enrolled in a vocational education certificate level program and have a future commitment, as part of a package offer, to study a program that is eligible for an iUSEpass, or
- be currently enrolled in an ELICOS program and applying for an iUSEpass up to 12 weeks prior to commencing a program that is eligible for an iUSEpass.
* SAUGD students must be here for two semesters. SAUGD students here for only one semester are not eligible.
** All students in the final semester of their final RMIT program are not eligible. International students enrolled in only one semester are not eligible unless they also have an offer in iApply for a future eligible program (e.g. they are completing a Diploma in Semester 1 and have a conditional offer for a Bachelor in Semester 2).
How to apply
- Download and complete the iUSE application form.
- Open the enquiry form in the RMIT Connect portal (you will be asked to log in).
- Select question: 'Get a public transport concession card' and complete the form with your student details.
- Attach your iUSEpass application form pdf to the enquiry and click submit.
How long does it take to receive an iUSEpass code?
Your eligibility will be assessed in 5 working days. Once processed, your discount code will be sent to your RMIT student email account. When you get the mail with your code, you will be need to create an account on the iUSEpass website - instructions will be in the email. PTV will mail your iUSEpass to you when your payment has been processed.