Public transport concession card

Check if you're eligible and apply for public transport concession or an International Student Travel Pass in Victoria.

Public Transport Victoria (PTV) Concession myki


To be eligible for a Public Transport Victoria (PTV) Concession myki, you must:

  • be an Australian citizen or permanent resident AND
  • have an aggregated load of at least 75% in each half year period. To find your aggregated load, view your Statement of Enrolment in Enrolment Online.

You're also eligible if you're a student who:

  • has refugee status
  • is studying as part of an approved overseas exchange program
  • holds an Australian Awards Scholarship.

For more information, refer to the Public Transport Victoria website.

Ineligible students

You're ineligible for a Public Transport Victoria (PTV) Concession myki if you are a:

  • postgraduate student
  • international student*
  • New Zealand citizen*
  • Study Abroad student*
  • PhD student
  • RMIT Online student
  • OUA student
  • apprentice or trainee
  • RMIT English Worldwide student
  • enrolled in less than 75% of a full load in a half year period.

*International students, New Zealand citizens and New Zealand Special Category Visa holders, and undergraduate Study Abroad students may be eligible to apply for an iUSEpass. See the iUSEpass tab for details.

How to apply for a PTV Concession myki

Step 1. Download your concession form

24-48 hours after your student card photo has been approved, you can download your pre-populated PTV Concession application form by following the steps below.

  1. Log in to myRMIT
  2. Select the myServices tab
  3. Select Print your transport concession form

If the option to download your form isn’t available and you believe you are eligible, contact Student Connect

Step 2. Submit your form in person

Complete your form and submit it in person at a Melbourne Premium Station (such as Flinders Street, Southern Cross and Melbourne Central stations), staffed V/Line station or PTV Hub. To find a PTV staffed station or hub, go to the PTV customer service. To find out if a V/Line station is staffed, search on the V/Line website.

International Student Travel Pass (formerly known as iUSEpass)

Semester 1 2023 International Student Travel Pass codes no longer available

All Semester 1 2023 International Student Travel Pass codes have now been allocated. A new application form will be made available here in July 2023.

Eligible students can apply for the International Student Travel Pass which is a discounted annual pass for use on public transport in Victoria. There are limited numbers of International Student Travel Pass codes available.



To be eligible for an International Student Travel Pass, you must:

  • be an international student, New Zealand citizen or New Zealand Special Category Visa holder AND
  • be living in Australia AND
  • have an aggregated load of at least 75% for both the first and second half of the academic year (to find your aggregated load, view your Statement of Enrolment in Enrolment Online) AND 
  • have a current RMIT student ID card AND
  • be enrolled in a Bachelor, an Associate Degree, an Advanced Diploma or a Diploma program.

You may be eligible for an International Student Travel Pass if you're enrolled in a full-time study load in one of the following programs and have a student card:

  • a Certificate IV program with a guaranteed pathway to a higher qualification
  • an ELICOS program, and you apply for an International Student Travel Pass up to 12 weeks prior to commencing an eligible program
  • Study Abroad students enrolled in two semesters.

Ineligible students

The following students are ineligible for an International Student Travel Pass:

  • Foundation Studies students
  • Postgraduate students
  • PhD students
  • VCE students
  • RMIT Online and OUA students
  • Study Abroad students enrolled for only one semester
  • All students in the final semester of their final RMIT program
  • International students enrolled in only one semester, unless they also have an offer for a future eligible program (e.g. a student who is completing a Diploma program in Semester 1 and has a conditional offer for a Bachelor program in Semester 2).

How to apply for an International Student Travel Pass

  1. Open and complete the International Student Travel Pass Online Form (Note, all Semester 1 2023 International Student Travel Pass codes have now been allocated, a new application form will be made available here in July 2023).
  2. Click Submit.
  3. Your eligibility will be assessed in 5 working days. Once processed, a confirmation email will be sent to your RMIT student email account with your International Student Travel Pass code (note: your code will expire after 30 days, so if you haven't activate your International Student Travel Pass within 30 days, you will need to reapply)
  4. Follow the instructions in your confirmation email to create an account on the International Student Travel Pass website.
  5. Once your account has been created and your payment processed, your International Student Travel Pass will be posted to you by Public Transport Victoria (PTV).

Need help?

  • If you can't access the PTV concession form, or your application is denied, but you believe you meet all eligibility criteria, please contact Student Connect so your application can be reviewed
  • For more information about PTV Concession myki, go to PTV tertiary students
  • For more information about the International Student Travel Pass, go to PTV international students page
aboriginal flag
torres strait flag

Acknowledgement of Country

RMIT University acknowledges the people of the Woi wurrung and Boon wurrung language groups of the eastern Kulin Nation on whose unceded lands we conduct the business of the University. RMIT University respectfully acknowledges their Ancestors and Elders, past and present. RMIT also acknowledges the Traditional Custodians and their Ancestors of the lands and waters across Australia where we conduct our business - Artwork 'Luwaytini' by Mark Cleaver, Palawa.