RMIT student card
You must have a student card to access campus
If you have classes on campus, or you’re coming to campus for any other reason, you must have an official RMIT student card with you at all times in accordance with RMIT's COVIDSafe protocols.
With your student card, you can:
- borrow from the RMIT University Library
- print, scan and photocopy on campus
- access secure areas such as computer labs and studios
- identify yourself at formal assessments
- identify yourself at RMIT service areas, if required
- get discounts! Business and service providers around Melbourne and Australia sometimes offer discounts when you present your student card. You might get discounts on coffee, food, travel, movies and more
Your student card and your responsibilities
Your student card is the property of RMIT. In accordance with RMIT policy, all students must:
- carry your RMIT student card with you on campus
- take your card to all formal assessments
- If your card is damaged, lost or stolen, order a replacement card online as soon as possible. Until you do, any misuse of your card will be your responsibility
- Your student card is invalid if you're no longer enrolled at RMIT. If you cancel your enrolment, return your card to Student Connect or Campus Security
Your first student card is free.
Before you can order your first card
- wait 24 hours after you've enrolled
- have an Australian mailing address. If you're studying at RMIT Australia and are currently offshore, you will need to wait until you arrive in Australia and have an Australian mailing address before you can order your student card. You can check and update your address and personal details, if needed
To order your card
- Log in to myRMIT using your RMIT ID and password (Forgot your password? Reset it)
- Select myDetails to check your personal details are correct, and update your personal details, if needed
- Select myServices
- Select Click to capture photo and
- take a photo of yourself using your device’s camera OR
- upload an existing photo
Your photo must meet Australian Passport Photo Guidelines.
That’s it! Once your photo is approved, we'll send an email to your RMIT student email account. If your photo is declined, you will need to submit a new photo.
We will post your card to your Australian mailing address. Most students receive their card within 5 business days. However, it may take longer during peak times for Australia Post.
You must be currently enrolled in an RMIT program to be eligible for a replacement student card.
To order your replacement student card
- Report the loss or theft to Campus Security as a matter of urgency. Campus Security will immediately deactivate the card. Until you report your card to Security and order a replacement card, any misuse of your card will remain your responsibility
- Complete the Replacement Student Card Online Form and Payment. The charge for a replacement card is AUD$15
Once your payment has been received, a replacement card will be printed using your existing student photo. Your card will be posted to your Australian mailing address. Most students receive their student card within 5 business days. However, it may take longer during peak times for Australia Post.
If your student card has expired, or is due to expire soon, and you are still a current RMIT student, you can order a new card by completing the Expired Card Replacement Form. There is no cost for replacing an expired card.
A new student card will be printed using your existing student photo. Your card will be posted to your Australian mailing address. Most students receive their student card within 5 business days. However, it may take longer during peak times for Australia Post.
OUA students should be able to order their first RMIT student card by following the instructions to order your first student card.
If you cannot order your card via myRMIT, please order your card as follows:
- Check and update your address and personal details, if needed. You must have an Australian mailing address to order a student card
- Open a Student Card Enquiry in the RMIT Student Connect Portal (login required)
- Complete the fields in the form
- Select Add attachment and upload
A colour passport-style photo in JPG format that meets Australian Passport Photo Guidelines
A copy of your photo ID, such as Driver’s license, Passport or Key Pass so we can verify your identity
- Click Submit to log your request
We will print and post your card to your Australian mailing address. Most students receive their student card within 5 business days. However, it may take longer during peak times for Australia Post.