If you are joining RMIT from interstate or overseas, or leaving home for the first time, we can help you find accommodation that suits your needs.

New to Melbourne

RMIT has three campuses in Melbourne and three regional sites across Victoria.  When looking for accommodation, one of the most important things to consider is location. 

Research different suburbs in Melbourne to ensure you live in an area that makes you feel secure, happy and connected to your campus and university life. You can also listen to RMIT students share their stories and advice on how to settle into Melbourne in the New To Melbourne podcast.

Find helpful information about your campus, the surrounds and Melbourne’s public transport system below. 

We're here to help

Student Support Advisors at RMIT Connect can help you with:

  • information on housing options that suit your budget, campus and lifestyle
  • advice on rental and tenancy issues
  • information about moving in and moving out of your property
  • advice on finances, housing, welfare, Centrelink and other issues
  • referrals to other internal and external support services. 

If you are experiencing housing crisis or homelessness, emergency support is available.

Booking your appointment

Fill in the form and select ‘Student Welfare’ as the service. A list of available times will appear when the form is complete.

Please note, phone appointments will replace all face-to-face appointments until further notice.