Fellowships, scholarships, and awards
A representative list of fellowships, scholarships, and awards from a total of 14 is shown below.
- 2018, Shortlisted for stage 2 RJW Le Fèvre Memorial Prize (Australian Academy of Science Honorific Award for Early and Mid-Career Researcher to recognise outstanding basic research in Chemistry)
- 2016 Victoria Fellowship in Physical Science
- 2016 Rennie Memorial Medal for excellence in research in Chemical Science
- 2016, Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship for Experienced Researcher
- 2016, Australian Research Council DECRA Fellowship
- 2016, Recipient of Embassy of France Scientific Mobilization Program
- 2015, Winner of 2015 ProsPER.net Scopus Young Scientist Award in Energy Category (Asia – Pacific)
- 2015, Australia – India Council Grant (AU$ 27K)
- 2015, CSIRO – Chinese Academy of Science Exchange Program Grant
- 2015, Participant - Elsevier INVITE Meeting of the Minds Video Documentary
- 2012, SIEF Postdoctoral Fellowship, CSIRO
- 2010, ORNL, US Department of Energy, Postdoctoral research associate fellowship
- 2010, Outstanding PhD Thesis award in Environmental and Sustainability Research (US $10K, World Future Foundation, Singapore).
In the media
- Victoria's Top Scientists Honoured.
- Game-Changing Compound Research An Award Winner for NCI User.
- Functionalized metal-organic frameworks for hydrocarbon azeotropes energy economic separation.
- NCI (National Computational Infrastructure) The Best of 2015. CSIRO researcher Dr Ravichandar Babarao has received the 2015 Prosper.net Scopus Young Scientist Award in Sustainable Development
- Winner of 2015 Prosper.net Scopus Young Scientist Award in Energy Category.
- 3 of my articles were among the Top 20 Most-Cited articles published by Langmuir during the years 2008-2010.
- Winner of Best PhD Thesis Award in Environmental and Sustainability Research, WFF, Singapore
- Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship at TU Dresden, Germany.
For a full list of Dr Babarao's publication see his Google Scholar profile
For more about Dr Babarao see his personal website
- Leader, Porous Materials Group
- Visiting Scientist, CSIRO Manufacturing
- CHEM1242 Chemistry Principles
- ONPS 2505 Introduction to Nanotechnology and Smart Materials
- ONPS2501/2502 Nanotechnology Seminar Course 1 & 2
- ONPS2335 The Professional Scientist
- Ph.D., Computational Chemistry, National University of Singapore, Singapore - 2010
- M.Tech., Chemical Engineering, National Institute of Technology, India - 2005
- B.Tech., Chemical Engineering, Coimbatore Institute of Technology, India - 2000
Membership of professional societies
- Membrane Society of Australasia
- Chartered Member of Royal Australian Chemistry Institute
- Australian Nanotechnology Network
- Materials Research Society
- Editorial board member for journal 'Computational Material Science', Frontiers in Materials
Reviewer for competitive research funding
- Australian Research Council (ARC) – Discovery Projects
- Austria Science Fund (FWF), Austria
Reviewer for international scientific journals
Reviewer for over 20 international journals. Examples include:
- Scientific Reports, Materials Today, Molecular Simulation, Journal of Physical Chemistry, CrystEngComm, Chemical Communications, Langmuir
- Session chair -'Emerging Investigators in Metal-Organic Frameworks', ICCC-41, Singapore
- Organising Committee, ChemBioTech 2008, Singapore
- Balraj, A.,Sekaran, A.,Ramamurthy, N.,Babarao, R.,Nagarajan, K.,Mayilvahanan, S. (2022). Systematic review on sono-assisted CO2 stripping, solvent recovery and energy demand aspects in solvent-based post-combustion carbon dioxide capture process In: Chemical Engineering and Processing - Process Intensification, 170, 108723 - 9
- Nandala, S.,Babarao, R.,Madapusi, S.,Sridhar, S.,Roy Choudhury, N.,Bhargava, S. (2022). Residual solvent induced physical morphology and gas permeation in polyamide-imide membrane: Experimental investigation and molecular simulations In: European Polymer Journal, 165, 1 - 19
- Orhan, I.,Daglar, H.,Keskin, S.,Le, T.,Babarao, R. (2022). Prediction of O2/N2Selectivity in Metal-Organic Frameworks via High-Throughput Computational Screening and Machine Learning In: ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 14, 736 - 749
- Dutta, S.,Mukherjee, S.,Qazvini, O.,Gupta, A.,Sharma, S.,Mahato, D.,Babarao, R.,Ghosh, S. (2022). Three-in-One C2H2-Selectivity-Guided Adsorptive Separation across an Isoreticular Family of Cationic Square-Lattice MOFs In: Angewandte Chemie - International Edition, 61, 1 - 8
- Khan, M.,Sadiq, M.,Karuppasamy, G.,Xu, K.,Jannat, A.,Zhang, B.,Mohiuddin, M.,Haris, M.,Ou, R.,Afrin, S.,Alkathiri, T.,Loomba, S.,Mulet, X.,Mahmood, N.,Babarao, R.,Ou, J. (2022). Hetero-metallic metal-organic frameworks for room-temperature NO2 sensing In: Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 610, 304 - 312
- Maibam, A.,Babarao, R.,Krishnamurty, S. (2022). Doped 2D VX2 (X = S, Se, Te) monolayers as electrocatalysts for ammonia production: A DFT based study In: Applied Surface Science, 602, 1 - 8
- Doheny, P.,Babarao, R.,Kepert, C.,D'Alessandro, D. (2021). Tuneable CO2binding enthalpies by redox modulation of an electroactive MOF-74 framework In: Materials Advances, 2, 2112 - 2119
- Sharma, S.,Let, S.,Desai, A.,Dutta, S.,Karrupasamy, G.,Shirolkar, M.,Babarao, R.,Ghosh, S. (2021). Rapid, selective capture of toxic oxo-anions of Se(iv), Se(vi) and As(v) from water by an ionic metal-organic framework (iMOF) In: Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 9, 6499 - 6507
- Liu, G.,Zhou, M.,Su, K.,Babarao, R.,Yuan, D.,Hong, M. (2021). Stabilizing the extrinsic porosity in metal-organic cages-based supramolecular framework by in situ catalytic polymerization In: CCS Chemistry, 3, 1382 - 1390
- Macreadie, L.,Qazvini, O.,Babarao, R. (2021). Reversing Benzene/Cyclohexane Selectivity through Varying Supramolecular Interactions Using Aliphatic, Isoreticular MOFs In: ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 13, 30885 - 30890
2 PhD Completions4 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions
- Development of Nanoporous Materials for Capture and Release of Oxygen (administered by Monash University). Funded by: ARC Discovery Project via Other University from (2018 to 2021)
- Designing next generation smart materials for capturing toxic gases. Funded by: ARC Discovery Early Career Researcher Award (DECRA) 2016 from (2016 to 2019)