Fellowships, scholarships, and awards
A representative list of fellowships, scholarships, and awards from a total of 14 is shown below.
- 2018, Shortlisted for stage 2 RJW Le Fèvre Memorial Prize (Australian Academy of Science Honorific Award for Early and Mid-Career Researcher to recognise outstanding basic research in Chemistry)
- 2016 Victoria Fellowship in Physical Science
- 2016 Rennie Memorial Medal for excellence in research in Chemical Science
- 2016, Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship for Experienced Researcher
- 2016, Australian Research Council DECRA Fellowship
- 2016, Recipient of Embassy of France Scientific Mobilization Program
- 2015, Winner of 2015 ProsPER.net Scopus Young Scientist Award in Energy Category (Asia – Pacific)
- 2015, Australia – India Council Grant (AU$ 27K)
- 2015, CSIRO – Chinese Academy of Science Exchange Program Grant
- 2015, Participant - Elsevier INVITE Meeting of the Minds Video Documentary
- 2012, SIEF Postdoctoral Fellowship, CSIRO
- 2010, ORNL, US Department of Energy, Postdoctoral research associate fellowship
- 2010, Outstanding PhD Thesis award in Environmental and Sustainability Research (US $10K, World Future Foundation, Singapore).
In the media
- Victoria's Top Scientists Honoured.
- Game-Changing Compound Research An Award Winner for NCI User.
- Functionalized metal-organic frameworks for hydrocarbon azeotropes energy economic separation.
- NCI (National Computational Infrastructure) The Best of 2015. CSIRO researcher Dr Ravichandar Babarao has received the 2015 Prosper.net Scopus Young Scientist Award in Sustainable Development
- Winner of 2015 Prosper.net Scopus Young Scientist Award in Energy Category.
- 3 of my articles were among the Top 20 Most-Cited articles published by Langmuir during the years 2008-2010.
- Winner of Best PhD Thesis Award in Environmental and Sustainability Research, WFF, Singapore
- Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship at TU Dresden, Germany.
For a full list of Dr Babarao's publication see his Google Scholar profile
For more about Dr Babarao see his personal website
- Leader, Porous Materials Group
- Visiting Scientist, CSIRO Manufacturing
- CHEM1242 Chemistry Principles
- ONPS 2505 Introduction to Nanotechnology and Smart Materials
- ONPS2501/2502 Nanotechnology Seminar Course 1 & 2
- ONPS2335 The Professional Scientist
- Ph.D., Computational Chemistry, National University of Singapore, Singapore - 2010
- M.Tech., Chemical Engineering, National Institute of Technology, India - 2005
- B.Tech., Chemical Engineering, Coimbatore Institute of Technology, India - 2000
Membership of professional societies
- Membrane Society of Australasia
- Chartered Member of Royal Australian Chemistry Institute
- Australian Nanotechnology Network
- Materials Research Society
- Editorial board member for journal 'Computational Material Science', Frontiers in Materials
Reviewer for competitive research funding
- Australian Research Council (ARC) – Discovery Projects
- Austria Science Fund (FWF), Austria
Reviewer for international scientific journals
Reviewer for over 20 international journals. Examples include:
- Scientific Reports, Materials Today, Molecular Simulation, Journal of Physical Chemistry, CrystEngComm, Chemical Communications, Langmuir
- Session chair -'Emerging Investigators in Metal-Organic Frameworks', ICCC-41, Singapore
- Organising Committee, ChemBioTech 2008, Singapore
- Macreadie, L.,Babarao, R.,Setter, C.,Lee, S.,Qazvini, O.,Seeber, A.,Tsanaktsidis, J.,Telfer, S.,Batten, S.,Hill, M. (2020). Enhancing Multicomponent Metal-Organic Frameworks for Low Pressure Liquid Organic Hydrogen Carrier Separations In: Angewandte Chemie, 59, 6090 - 6098
- Bloch, W.,Babarao, R.,Schneider, M. (2020). On/off porosity switching and post-assembly modifications of Cu4L4 metal-organic polyhedra In: Chemical Science, 11, 3664 - 3671
- Suwannakot, P.,Lisi, F.,Ahmed, E.,Liang, K.,Babarao, R.,Gooding, J.,Donald, W. (2020). Metal�Organic Framework-Enhanced Solid-Phase Microextraction Mass Spectrometry for the Direct and Rapid Detection of Perfluorooctanoic Acid in Environmental Water Samples In: Analytical Chemistry, 92, 6900 - 6908
- Abrahams, B.,Babarao, R.,Dharma, D. (2020). The Effect of Sterically Active Ligand Substituents on Gas Adsorption within a Family of 3D Zn-Based Coordination Polymers In: Inorganic chemistry, 59, 8871 - 8881
- Karuppasamy, G.,Babarao, R. (2020). Heterometallic Metal Organic Frameworks for Air Separation: A Computational Study In: Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 59, 15718 - 15731
- Dutta, S.,Samanta, P.,Joarder, B.,Let, S.,Mahato, D.,Babarao, R.,Ghosh, S. (2020). A Water-Stable Cationic Metal-Organic Framework with Hydrophobic Pore Surfaces as an Efficient Scavenger of Oxo-Anion Pollutants from Water In: ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 12, 41810 - 41818
- Qazvini, O.,Babarao, R.,Shi, Z.,Zhang, Y.,Telfer, S. (2019). A Robust Ethane-Trapping Metal-Organic Framework with a High Capacity for Ethylene Purification In: Journal of the American Chemical Society, 141, 5014 - 5020
- Ahmed, H.,Rezk, A.,Richardson, J.,Macreadie, L.,Babarao, R.,Mayes, E.,Lee, L.,Yeo, L. (2019). Acoustomicrofluidic assembly of oriented and simultaneously activated metal-organic frameworks In: Nature Communications, 10, 1 - 9
- Sharma, A.,Babarao, R.,Medhekar, N.,Malani, A. (2019). Computational design of multilayer frameworks to achieve DOE target for on-board methane delivery In: Carbon, 152, 206 - 217
- Qazvini, O.,Babarao, R.,Telfer, S. (2019). Multipurpose Metal-Organic Framework for the Adsorption of Acetylene: Ethylene Purification and Carbon Dioxide Removal In: Chemistry of Materials, 31, 4919 - 4926
3 PhD Current Supervisions and 2 Masters by Research Current Supervisions
- Bench Scale Design and Development. Funded by: Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar (SSN) College of Engineering - Contract from (2020 to 2023)
- Development of Nanoporous Materials for Capture and Release of Oxygen (administered by Monash University). Funded by: ARC Discovery Project via Other University from (2018 to 2021)
- Designing next generation smart materials for capturing toxic gases. Funded by: ARC Discovery Early Career Researcher Award (DECRA) 2016 from (2016 to 2019)