Fellowships, scholarships, and awards
A representative list of fellowships, scholarships, and awards from a total of 14 is shown below.
- 2018, Shortlisted for stage 2 RJW Le Fèvre Memorial Prize (Australian Academy of Science Honorific Award for Early and Mid-Career Researcher to recognise outstanding basic research in Chemistry)
- 2016 Victoria Fellowship in Physical Science
- 2016 Rennie Memorial Medal for excellence in research in Chemical Science
- 2016, Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship for Experienced Researcher
- 2016, Australian Research Council DECRA Fellowship
- 2016, Recipient of Embassy of France Scientific Mobilization Program
- 2015, Winner of 2015 ProsPER.net Scopus Young Scientist Award in Energy Category (Asia – Pacific)
- 2015, Australia – India Council Grant (AU$ 27K)
- 2015, CSIRO – Chinese Academy of Science Exchange Program Grant
- 2015, Participant - Elsevier INVITE Meeting of the Minds Video Documentary
- 2012, SIEF Postdoctoral Fellowship, CSIRO
- 2010, ORNL, US Department of Energy, Postdoctoral research associate fellowship
- 2010, Outstanding PhD Thesis award in Environmental and Sustainability Research (US $10K, World Future Foundation, Singapore).
In the media
- Victoria's Top Scientists Honoured.
- Game-Changing Compound Research An Award Winner for NCI User.
- Functionalized metal-organic frameworks for hydrocarbon azeotropes energy economic separation.
- NCI (National Computational Infrastructure) The Best of 2015. CSIRO researcher Dr Ravichandar Babarao has received the 2015 Prosper.net Scopus Young Scientist Award in Sustainable Development
- Winner of 2015 Prosper.net Scopus Young Scientist Award in Energy Category.
- 3 of my articles were among the Top 20 Most-Cited articles published by Langmuir during the years 2008-2010.
- Winner of Best PhD Thesis Award in Environmental and Sustainability Research, WFF, Singapore
- Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship at TU Dresden, Germany.
For a full list of Dr Babarao's publication see his Google Scholar profile
For more about Dr Babarao see his personal website
- Leader, Porous Materials Group
- Visiting Scientist, CSIRO Manufacturing
- CHEM1242 Chemistry Principles
- ONPS 2505 Introduction to Nanotechnology and Smart Materials
- ONPS2501/2502 Nanotechnology Seminar Course 1 & 2
- ONPS2335 The Professional Scientist
- Ph.D., Computational Chemistry, National University of Singapore, Singapore - 2010
- M.Tech., Chemical Engineering, National Institute of Technology, India - 2005
- B.Tech., Chemical Engineering, Coimbatore Institute of Technology, India - 2000
Membership of professional societies
- Membrane Society of Australasia
- Chartered Member of Royal Australian Chemistry Institute
- Australian Nanotechnology Network
- Materials Research Society
- Editorial board member for journal 'Computational Material Science', Frontiers in Materials
Reviewer for competitive research funding
- Australian Research Council (ARC) – Discovery Projects
- Austria Science Fund (FWF), Austria
Reviewer for international scientific journals
Reviewer for over 20 international journals. Examples include:
- Scientific Reports, Materials Today, Molecular Simulation, Journal of Physical Chemistry, CrystEngComm, Chemical Communications, Langmuir
- Session chair -'Emerging Investigators in Metal-Organic Frameworks', ICCC-41, Singapore
- Organising Committee, ChemBioTech 2008, Singapore
- Maibam, A.,Krishnamurty, S.,Babarao, R. (2023). Electrocatalytic nitrogen reduction on defective graphene modulated from single atom catalyst to aluminium clusters In: Applied Surface Science, 623, 1 - 9
- Massahud, E.,Ahmed, H.,Babarao, R.,Ehrnst, Y.,Alijani Alijanvand, H.,Darmanin, C.,Murdoch, B.,Rezk, A.,Yeo, L. (2023). Acoustomicrofluidic Defect Engineering and Ligand Exchange in ZIF-8 Metal–Organic Frameworks In: Small Methods, 7, 1 - 9
- Kumar, M.,Balraj, A.,Nagarajan, R.,Babarao, R. (2023). Intensification of Sono-Assisted CO2 Stripping/Carbon-Rich Solvent Regeneration by Fe2O3 Hydrophobic Micronized Particles In: Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, 62, 7072 - 7079
- Cha, D.,Singh, T.,Maibam, A.,Kim, T.,Nam, D.,Babarao, R.,Lee, S. (2023). Metal–Organic Framework–Derived Mesoporous B-Doped CoO/Co@N-Doped Carbon Hybrid 3D Heterostructured Interfaces with Modulated Cobalt Oxidation States for Alkaline Water Splitting In: Small, 19, 1 - 17
- Nagarajan, K.,Balraj, A.,Nagarajan, R.,Babarao, R. (2023). Ultra-low temperature sono-assisted CO2 stripping/ carbon-rich solvent regeneration using different ultrasonic frequencies In: Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization and Environmental Effects, 45, 10408 - 10418
- Orhan, I.,Daglar, H.,Keskin, S.,Le, T.,Babarao, R. (2022). Prediction of O2/N2Selectivity in Metal-Organic Frameworks via High-Throughput Computational Screening and Machine Learning In: ACS Applied Materials and Interfaces, 14, 736 - 749
- Dutta, S.,Mukherjee, S.,Qazvini, O.,Gupta, A.,Sharma, S.,Mahato, D.,Babarao, R.,Ghosh, S. (2022). Three-in-One C2H2-Selectivity-Guided Adsorptive Separation across an Isoreticular Family of Cationic Square-Lattice MOFs In: Angewandte Chemie - International Edition, 61, 1 - 8
- Khan, M.,Sadiq, M.,Karuppasamy, G.,Xu, K.,Jannat, A.,Zhang, B.,Mohiuddin, M.,Haris, M.,Ou, R.,Afrin, S.,Alkathiri, T.,Loomba, S.,Mulet, X.,Mahmood, N.,Babarao, R.,Ou, J. (2022). Hetero-metallic metal-organic frameworks for room-temperature NO2 sensing In: Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, 610, 304 - 312
- Singh, T.,Maibam, A.,Cha, D.,Yoo, S.,Babarao, R.,Lee, S.,Lee, S. (2022). High-Alkaline Water-Splitting Activity of Mesoporous 3D Heterostructures: An Amorphous-Shell@Crystalline-Core Nano-Assembly of Co-Ni-Phosphate Ultrathin-Nanosheets and V- Doped Cobalt-Nitride Nanowires In: Advanced Science, 9, 1 - 20
- Maibam, A.,Babarao, R.,Krishnamurty, S. (2022). Doped 2D VX2 (X = S, Se, Te) monolayers as electrocatalysts for ammonia production: A DFT based study In: Applied Surface Science, 602, 1 - 8
10 PhD Current Supervisions and 2 Masters by Research Current Supervisions3 PhD Completions
- Bench Scale Design and Development (Collaboration Letter). Funded by: Sri Sivasubramaniya Nadar (SSN) College of Engineering - Contract from (2020 to 2023)
- Development of Nanoporous Materials for Capture and Release of Oxygen (administered by Monash University). Funded by: ARC Discovery Project via Other University from (2018 to 2021)
- Designing next generation smart materials for capturing toxic gases. Funded by: ARC Discovery Early Career Researcher Award (DECRA) 2016 from (2016 to 2019)