Fellowships, scholarships, and awards
A representative list of fellowships, scholarships, and awards from a total of 14 is shown below.
- 2018, Shortlisted for stage 2 RJW Le Fèvre Memorial Prize (Australian Academy of Science Honorific Award for Early and Mid-Career Researcher to recognise outstanding basic research in Chemistry)
- 2016 Victoria Fellowship in Physical Science
- 2016 Rennie Memorial Medal for excellence in research in Chemical Science
- 2016, Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship for Experienced Researcher
- 2016, Australian Research Council DECRA Fellowship
- 2016, Recipient of Embassy of France Scientific Mobilization Program
- 2015, Winner of 2015 ProsPER.net Scopus Young Scientist Award in Energy Category (Asia – Pacific)
- 2015, Australia – India Council Grant (AU$ 27K)
- 2015, CSIRO – Chinese Academy of Science Exchange Program Grant
- 2015, Participant - Elsevier INVITE Meeting of the Minds Video Documentary
- 2012, SIEF Postdoctoral Fellowship, CSIRO
- 2010, ORNL, US Department of Energy, Postdoctoral research associate fellowship
- 2010, Outstanding PhD Thesis award in Environmental and Sustainability Research (US $10K, World Future Foundation, Singapore).
In the media
- Victoria's Top Scientists Honoured.
- Game-Changing Compound Research An Award Winner for NCI User.
- Functionalized metal-organic frameworks for hydrocarbon azeotropes energy economic separation.
- NCI (National Computational Infrastructure) The Best of 2015. CSIRO researcher Dr Ravichandar Babarao has received the 2015 Prosper.net Scopus Young Scientist Award in Sustainable Development
- Winner of 2015 Prosper.net Scopus Young Scientist Award in Energy Category.
- 3 of my articles were among the Top 20 Most-Cited articles published by Langmuir during the years 2008-2010.
- Winner of Best PhD Thesis Award in Environmental and Sustainability Research, WFF, Singapore
- Alexander von Humboldt Fellowship at TU Dresden, Germany.
For a full list of Dr Babarao's publication see his Google Scholar profile
For more about Dr Babarao see his personal website
- Leader, Porous Materials Group
- Visiting Scientist, CSIRO Manufacturing
- CHEM1242 Chemistry Principles
- ONPS 2505 Introduction to Nanotechnology and Smart Materials
- ONPS2501/2502 Nanotechnology Seminar Course 1 & 2
- ONPS2335 The Professional Scientist
- Ph.D., Computational Chemistry, National University of Singapore, Singapore - 2010
- M.Tech., Chemical Engineering, National Institute of Technology, India - 2005
- B.Tech., Chemical Engineering, Coimbatore Institute of Technology, India - 2000
Membership of professional societies
- Membrane Society of Australasia
- Chartered Member of Royal Australian Chemistry Institute
- Australian Nanotechnology Network
- Materials Research Society
- Editorial board member for journal 'Computational Material Science', Frontiers in Materials
Reviewer for competitive research funding
- Australian Research Council (ARC) – Discovery Projects
- Austria Science Fund (FWF), Austria
Reviewer for international scientific journals
Reviewer for over 20 international journals. Examples include:
- Scientific Reports, Materials Today, Molecular Simulation, Journal of Physical Chemistry, CrystEngComm, Chemical Communications, Langmuir
- Session chair -'Emerging Investigators in Metal-Organic Frameworks', ICCC-41, Singapore
- Organising Committee, ChemBioTech 2008, Singapore
- Auckett, J.,Dharma, A.,Cagnes, M.,Darwish, T.,Abrahams, B.,Babarao, R.,Hudson, T.,Robson, R.,White, K.,Peterson, V. (2018). (In Press) Lattice response of the porous coordination framework Zn(hba) to guest adsorption In: Powder Diffraction, , 1 - 5
- Nazari, M.,Rubio-Martinez, M.,Babarao, R.,Younis, A.,Collins, S.,Hill, M.,Duke, M. (2018). Aqueous contaminant detection via UiO-66 thin film optical fiber sensor platform with fast fourier transform based spectrum analysis In: Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 51, 1 - 8
- Sharma, A.,Babarao, R.,Medhekar, N.,Malani, A. (2018). Methane adsorption and separation in slipped and functionalized covalent organic frameworks In: Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research, 57, 4767 - 4778
- Mukherjee, S.,Babarao, R.,Desai, A.,Manna, B.,Ghosh, S. (2017). Polar pore surface guided selective CO2 adsorption in a prefunctionalized metal-organic framework In: Crystal Growth and Design, 17, 3581 - 3587
- Sharma, A.,Huang, R.,Malani, A.,Babarao, R. (2017). Computational materials chemistry for carbon capture using porous materials In: Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 50, 1 - 22
- Sharma, A.,Malani, A.,Medhekar, N.,Babarao, R. (2017). CO2 adsorption and separation in covalent organic frameworks with interlayer slipping In: CrystEngComm: design and understanding of solid-state and crystalline materials, 19, 6950 - 6963
- Damasceno Borges, D.,Normand, P.,Permiakova, A.,Babarao, R.,Heymans, N.,Galvao, D.,Serre, C.,De Weireld, G.,Maurin, G. (2017). Gas Adsorption and Separation by the Al-Based Metal-Organic Framework MIL-160 In: The Journal of Physical Chemistry C, 121, 26822 - 26832
- Li, H.,Hill, M.,Huang, R.,Doblin, C.,Lim, S.,Hill, A.,Babarao, R.,Falcaro, P. (2016). Facile stabilization of cyclodextrin metal-organic frameworks under aqueous conditions via the incorporation of C60 in their matrices In: Chemical Communications, 52, 5973 - 5976
- Hu, Z.,Peng, Y.,Gao, Y.,Qian, Y.,Ying, S.,Yuan, D.,Horike, S.,Ogiwara, N.,Babarao, R.,Wang, Y.,Yan, N.,Zhao, D. (2016). Direct synthesis of hierarchically porous metal-organic frameworks with high stability and strong br�nsted acidity: The decisive role of hafnium in efficient and selective fructose dehydration In: Chemistry of Materials, 28, 2659 - 2667
- Mukherjee, S.,Manna, B.,Desai, A.,Krishna, R.,Babarao, R.,Ghosh, S. (2016). Harnessing Lewis acidic open metal sites of metal-organic frameworks: the foremost route to achieve highly selective benzene sorption over cyclohexane In: Chemical Communications, 52, 8215 - 8218
- Development of Nanoporous Materials for Capture and Release of Oxygen (administered by Monash University). Funded by: ARC Discovery Project via Other University from (2018 to 2020)
- Designing next generation smart materials for capturing toxic gases. Funded by: ARC Discovery Early Career Researcher Award (DECRA) 2016 from (2016 to 2019)
1 PhD Current Supervisions