Dr Jillian Cavanagh is a Senior Lecturer in the School of Management (SoM), and the Higher Degree Research Coordinator for the SoM.
Dr Jillian Cavanagh's research expertise is in human resource management (HRM), healthcare management and qualitative research methodologies.
She has carried out projects on workers with disability, healthcare management in hospitals and aged care facilities and Men's Sheds and Groups and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Men's Groups and their health and well-being. Her expertise in qualitative research currently has her working with a research team to examine violence against nurses in Aged Care facilities and in-home care for aged clients.
Jillian is also working with a research team to examine unspent funds in in-home aged care for a funded research project. Jillian has led the qualitative data collection and analysis of data in most projects.
- 2007 Dr of Education, Griffith University - Human Resource Management and Workplace Learning - awarded perfect score from two international examiners.
- 2000 Master of Education, Griffith University - Organisational Development and TESOL
- 1998 Bachelor of Adult Vocational Teaching, Griffith University - double degree in Human Resource Development and Teaching
Dr Cavanagh's industry experience began in the legal sector where she was the Practice Manager responsible for financial control, HRM, information technology and general administration. She continues to consult to various legal and medical practices.
Jillian's research in the disability sector has resulted in organisations requiring workshops with supervisors and managers to better support workers with disability. For example, she and a colleague delivered two full day workshops on equity and diversity, and employment relations and workers with disability.
- Bartram, T.,Cavanagh, J.,Meacham, H.,Pariona-Cabrera, P. (2021). Re-calibrating HRM to improve the work experiences for workers with intellectual disability In: Asia Pacific Journal of Human Resources, 59, 63 - 83
- Engelsberger, A.,Halvorsen, B.,Cavanagh, J.,Bartram, T. (2021). Human resources management and open innovation: the role of open innovation mindset In: Asia Pacific Journal of Human Resources, , 1 - 22
- Engelsberger, A.,Cavanagh, J.,Bartram, T.,Halvorsen, B. (2021). Multicultural skills in open innovation: relational leadership enabling knowledge sourcing and sharing In: Personnel Review, , 1 - 26
- Meacham, H.,Cavanagh, J.,Bartram, T.,Pariona-Cabrera, P.,Shaw, A. (2021). Workplace health promotion interventions for Australian workers with intellectual disability In: Health Promotion International, 36, 321 - 333
- Pariona-Cabrera, P.,Cavanagh, J.,Bartram, T. (2020). Workplace violence against nurses in health care and the role of human resource management: A systematic review of the literature In: Journal of Advanced Nursing, 76, 1581 - 1593
- Ku, M.,Morgan, T.,Malbon, A.,Bartram, T.,Cavanagh, J.,Halvorsen, B. (2020). Provision of a consistent national approach to radiation therapy workforce protection measures in Australia during the COVID-19 pandemic In: Australian Health Review, 44, 535 - 539
- Meacham, H.,Pariona-Cabrera, P.,Cavanagh, J.,Bartram, T. (2020). Emergency workers: Working with violence In: Contemporary Work and the Future of Employment in Developed Countries, Taylor and Francis, United States
- Cavanagh, J.,Meacham, H.,Cabrera, P.,Bartram, T. (2019). Vocational learning for workers with intellectual disability: Interventions at two case study sites In: Journal of Vocational Education and Training, 71, 350 - 367
- De Sisto, M.,Cavanagh, J.,Bartram, T. (2019). Bushfire investigations in Australia: A case for building collective leadership practices for crises events In: Leadership and Organization Development Journal, 41, 177 - 192
- Meacham, H.,Cavanagh, J.,Bartram, T.,Spaeth, K. (2019). Mental health and well-being at work In: Contemporary HRM Issues in the 21st Century, Emerald, United Kingdom
1 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions4 PhD Completions