Daisy Chou is Associate Professor at the School of Economics, Finance and Marketing.
Daisy (Hsin-I) Chou is an Associate Professor at the School of Economics, Finance and Marketing. Previously she held positions at the University of Otago, University of Bath and La Trobe University. She was awarded a Ph.D. degree from Queen's University of Belfast in the United Kingdom. She specialises in corporate governance and corporate finance. Specifically, her research interests are in the areas of board of director behaviour, executive compensation, Asian economies and M&A activities in the U.S. market. She has published in numerous leading academic journals, including Journal of Corporate Finance, Journal of Banking & Finance, Journal of Empirical Finance, Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions & Money, and International Review of Financial Analysis.
BAFI1065 Fixed Income Securities and Credit Analysis
Contact via email
- PhD in Finance (2008), Queen's University of Belfast (UK)
- MBA in Finance (2001), Ming Chuan University (Taiwan)
- BBA in Statistics (1998), Ming Chuan University (Taiwan)
- Chou, H.,Li, M.,Yin, X.,Zhao, J. (2021). Overconfident Institutions and Their Self-Attribution Bias: Evidence from Earnings Announcements In: Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 56, 1738 - 1770
- Yang, B.,Chou, H.,Zhao, J. (2020). Innovation or dividend payout: Evidence from China In: International Review of Economics & Finance, 68, 180 - 203
- Chou, H.,Hamill, P.,Yeh, Y. (2018). Are all regulatory compliant independent director appointments the same? An analysis of Taiwanese board appointments In: Journal of Corporate Finance, 50, 371 - 387
- Chou, H.,Li, B.,Yin, X. (2017). Variables in dollar terms versus in rate terms: The case of market feedback on merger negotiations In: International Review of Financial Analysis, 49, 138 - 145
- Yeh, Y.,Chou, H. (2016). Corporate Governance in Taiwan: A Survey In: Taiwan Economic Review, 44, 127 - 184
- Chou, H.,Tian, G.,Yin, X. (2015). Takeover rumors: Returns and pricing of rumored targets In: International Review of Financial Analysis, 41, 13 - 27
- Chou, H.,Zhao, J.,Suardi, S. (2014). Factor reversal in the euro zone stock returns: Evidence from the crisis period In: Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, 33, 28 - 55
- Yeh, Y.,Chou, H. (2014). Control-ownership structure, audit committee and earnings management: Evidence from East Asia In: Journal of Business Administration and Management Sciences Research, 3, 163 - 183
- Chou, H.,Chung, H.,Yin, X. (2013). Attendance of board meetings and company performance: Evidence from Taiwan In: Journal of Banking and Finance, 37, 4157 - 4171
Corporate finance, Corporate governance, Asian financial markets.
6 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions