Professor Jared Cole is a member of the Physics discipline of the School of Science and leader of the Theoretical Chemical and Quantum Physics research group.He is a theoretical physicist, specialising in quantum theory and its application in electronics, computing and condensed-matter physics.
Jared has extensive collaborations with both theoretical and experimental researchers overseas and within Australia. He has also taught various physics subjects at undergraduate and graduate level, both in Australia and Germany.
His current research interests include quantum circuit theory, spin physics, decoherence, measurement and entanglement theory, quantum information and computing.
- Quantum coherence in low-temperature electronics and spin systems.
- Quantum computing and quantum information, especially in a solid-state context.
- The use of quantum circuits for applications in quantum computing and quantum metrology.
- Quantum sensing and using induced decoherence as a probe of dissipative environments.
- The interplay between atom-photon interactions and many-body physics.
The latest publications, including those currently under peer-review, are available on the arXiv.
View Associate Professor Jared Cole's full publication and ORCID.
Previous Academic Experience
- 2009 – 2010 Faculty Researcher, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Karlsruhe, Germany
- 2008 – 2009 Alexander von Humboldt Fellow, University of Karlsruhe, Karlsruhe, Germany
- 2006 – 2007 Research Fellow, ARC Centre for Quantum Computer Technology, University of Melbourne
- 2006 PhD, School of Physics, University of Melbourne
- 2002 B. App. Phys. / B. Comm. Eng. (Hons) RMIT University
- Wilkinson, S.,Cole, J. (2019). Linear response theory of Josephson junction arrays in a microwave cavity In: Physical Review B, 99, 1 - 13
- Muller, C.,Cole, J.,Lisenfeld, J. (2019). In Press - Towards understanding two-level-systems in amorphous solids - insights from quantum circuits In: Reports on Progress in Physics, , 1 - 36
- Oberg, L.,Huang, E.,Reddy, P.,Alkauskas, A.,Greentree, A.,Cole, J.,Manson, N.,Meriles, C.,Doherty, M. (2019). Spin coherent quantum transport of electrons between defects in diamond In: Nanophotonics, , 1 - 27
- Klymenko, M.,Vaitkus, J.,Cole, J. (2019). Probing Charge Carrier Movement in Organic Semiconductor Thin Films via Nanowire Conductance Spectroscopy In: ACS Applied Electronic Materials, 1, 1667 - 1677
- Muller, C.,Guan, S.,Vogt, N.,Cole, J.,Stace, T. (2018). Passive On-Chip Superconducting Circulator Using a Ring of Tunnel Junctions In: Physical Review Letters, 120, 1 - 6
- Vaitkus, J.,Cole, J. (2018). Buttiker probes and the recursive Green's function: An efficient approach to include dissipation in general configurations In: Physical Review B, 97, 1 - 12
- Kukharchyk, N.,Sholokhov, D.,Morozov, O.,Korableva, S.,Cole, J.,Kalachev, A.,Bushev, P. (2018). Optical vector network analysis of ultranarrow transitions in 166Er3+ : 7LiYF4 crystal In: Optics Letters, 43, 935 - 938
- Wilkinson, S.,Vogt, N.,Golubev, D.,Cole, J. (2018). Approximate solutions to Mathieu's equation In: Physica E: Low-Dimensional Systems and Nanostructures, 100, 24 - 30
- Jeske, J.,Rivas, A.,Ahmed, M.,Martin-Delgado, M.,Cole, J. (2018). The effects of thermal and correlated noise on magnons in a quantum ferromagnet In: New Journal of Physics, 20, 1 - 17
- Wilkinson, S.,Vogt, N.,Cole, J. (2017). Coulomb drag and depinning in bilinear Josephson junction arrays In: New Journal of Physics, 19, 1 - 9
6 PhD Current Supervisions9 PhD Completions and 1 Masters by Research Completions