Ying-Lan co-ordinates Interior Design Professional Practice and Third- and Fourth-Year Industry Placements.
Ying-Lan is a Melbourne based Interior Design Lecturer (Industry Fellow), within the School of Architecture and Urban Design at RMIT. She is trained in fine art and architecture and considers herself a drawer. Her teaching and research adopt drawing as an idea and generative tool for discovering unforeseen relations across imagined and lived sites and between disciplines. Ying-Lan's drawing practice foregrounds notions of time, movement and the ephemeral.
Ying-Lan co-ordinates Interior Design Professional Practice and Third- and Fourth-Year Industry Placements. She also teaches undergraduate design studios and specialisations and provides mentoring to Interior Design students through RMIT's Mentorship program.
- PhD Candidate, School of Architecture and Urban Design, RMIT University
- Master of Architecture and Bachelor of Architectural Design, RMIT University
- Bachelor of Fine Art (Drawing), Victorian College of the Arts
Ying-Lan has an independent interdisciplinary practice spanning drawing, exhibition and design. During the past ten years Ying-Lan has also contributed to numerous award-winning Melbourne based architecture practices, including Freadman White, Clare Cousins Architects, Keith Streames and Paul Morgan Architects. Within these practices, she has contributed to projects across a range of budgets, scales and types and has worked with both Council and private clients. Projects have included libraries, science laboratories, educational and community facilities, single and multi-residential housing, retail and work environments.
- Dann, Y. (2021). A Walker's Contribution: Portfolio of Design Reviews In: Artichoke Melbourne
- Dann, Y.,Schut, S. (2021). MOVEMENT DRAWING: Recalling a hidden creek In: Kerb Journal of Landscape Architecture Melbourne
- Dann, Y.,Lambrou, E. (2020). Placing elsewhere: Approaches for physical and digital flânerie In: Interiority, 3, 145 - 162
- Robinson, G.,Dann, Y. (2020). Tributary Project In: Lower Moonee Ponds Creek Tributary Project Melbourne, Australia
- Dann, Y.,Geck, K.,Parry, C.,Cattlin, M.,Lynch, J. (2019). Standard Deviations In: City of Melbourne & RMIT Design Challenge 2019 Co-designing inclusive, civic and sensorial moments in the city Melbourne, Australia
- Dann, Y. (2018). Kids in the car park In: Urban Forest Fund Melbourne, Australia
- Reimagine Design Competition - Postcards from the City of Port Phillip. Funded by: City of Port Phillip Grant from (2021 to 2021)