Ying-Lan co-ordinates Interior Design Professional Practice and Third- and Fourth-Year Industry Placements.
Ying coodinates Interior Design First Year Coordinator within the School of Architecture and Urban Design. She is a registered and practising architect and visual artist. Her interdisciplinary practice encompasses architecture, interior design, installation, public art, writing, research and pedagogy.
Ying is the First Year Coordinator and Program Selection officer.
She is an experienced Design Studio, History-Theory and Professional Practice teacher
Monday - Wednesday: 9am - 5pm
Thursday - Friday: By appointment
- Registered Architect (Architects Registration Board of Victoria)
- PhD Candidate, School of Architecture and Urban Design, RMIT University
- Master of Architecture, RMIT University
- Bachelor of Architectural Design, RMIT & TU Berlin (International Student Exchange)
- Bachelor of Fine Art (Drawing), Victorian College of the Arts
Ying runs her own independent architecture and interior practice and has contributed to numerous award-winning architecture practices in Australia, including Freadman White, Clare Cousins Architects, Keith Streams and Paul Morgan Architects. Her project experience includes community and civic interiors, libraries, tertiary education, single and multi-residential housing, retail and work environments. Ying is also a freelance design writer and has been published in the academic journal Interiority.
- Hamilton, O.,Dann, Y.,Geck, K. (2023). Interior Imaginings: Centring curiosity and imagination as key design tools in first year In: Charette, 9, 97 - 115
- Dann, Y. (2022). Circular Temporalities In: Take Hold of The Clouds Melbourne, Australia
- Dann, Y. (2022). Drift In: 'Reimagine' Design Competition Melbourne, Australia
- Dann, Y. (2021). A Walker's Contribution: Portfolio of Design Reviews In: Artichoke Melbourne
- Dann, Y.,Schut, S. (2021). MOVEMENT DRAWING: Recalling a hidden creek In: Kerb Journal of Landscape Architecture Melbourne
- Dann, Y.,Lambrou, E. (2020). Placing elsewhere: Approaches for physical and digital flânerie In: Interiority, 3, 145 - 162
- Robinson, G.,Dann, Y. (2020). Tributary Project In: Lower Moonee Ponds Creek Tributary Project Melbourne, Australia
- Dann, Y.,Geck, K.,Parry, C.,Cattlin, M.,Lynch, J. (2019). Standard Deviations In: City of Melbourne & RMIT Design Challenge 2019 Co-designing inclusive, civic and sensorial moments in the city Melbourne, Australia
- Dann, Y. (2018). Kids in the car park In: Urban Forest Fund Melbourne, Australia
- Reimagine Design Competition - Postcards from the City of Port Phillip. Funded by: City of Port Phillip Grant from (2021 to 2022)