Dr de Silva is an applied economist/econometrician specialising in the analysis of the property (including housing) sector, natural resources, credit & financial markets and government policy. He has published papers in leading international academic journals as well as written several reports for key industry bodies.
He has a strong record of attaining grants, industry research contracts as well as Government funding to investigate areas of household finances and broader economic policy. Representatives from industry and the popular press regularly contact him for his perspectives and insights.
- Subject Area: Econometrics and Economics
Level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate and (E)MBA.
- BCom(Hons), PhD (Econometrics) Monash University
- Nidup, J.,Feeny, S.,De Silva, A. (2018). Improving well-being in Bhutan: a pursuit of happiness or poverty reduction? In: Social Indicators Research, 140, 79 - 100
- Davidson, S.,De Silva, A. (2018). Did recent tobacco reforms change the cigarette market? In: Economic Papers, 37, 55 - 74
- Lehman, K.,Yanotti, M.,Angelopoulos, S.,De Silva, A. (2018). Analysis of extant Tasmanian creative industries data In: Tasmanian Creative Industries 2018 Australia
- De Silva, A.,Glover, J.,Narayanan, V.,Nguyen, T.,Westberg, K. (2018). Current issues with trusts and the tax system In: Australian Tax Office Australia
- Elkins, M.,Coate, B.,De Silva, A.,Boymal, J.,Ozmen, M. (2017). The Economic Impact of the City of Melbourne's Investment in the Arts: Analysis of Artists, Audiences and the General Public Survey Responses In: City of Melbourne Melbourne, Australia
- De Silva, A.,Dalton, T.,Dodson, J.,Sinclair, S. (2017). Housing, multi-level governance and economic productivity In: AHURI Melbourne, Australia
- Sharam, A.,McShane, I.,Bryant, L.,De Silva, A. (2016). Are not-for-profit organisations a source of land for affordable housing? An Exploratory Study In: Proceedings of the 22nd Annual Pacific-Rim Real Estate Society Conference 2016, Sunshine Coast, Australia, 17-20 January 2016
- De Silva, A.,Sinclair, S.,Angelopoulos, S. (2016). Retirees, creatives and housing market complexity: challenges for policy-makers In: Australian Economic Review, 49, 340 - 351
- Liu, B.,Di Iorio, A.,De Silva, A. (2016). Equity fund performance: Can momentum be explained by the pricing of idiosyncratic volatility? In: Studies in Economics and Finance, 33, 359 - 376
- De Silva, A.,Thomas, S.,Sinclair, S.,Alavi Fard, F. (2016). Home Equity Release: Challenges and opportunities In: Australian Centre for Financial Studies Melbourne, Australia
- Evidence-based inquiry into property transfer methodologies (RCP105). Funded by: AHURI National Housing Research Program Grants 2016 from (2016 to 2017)
- Harnessing housing policy for economic productivity: A multilevel governance and spatial perspective. Funded by: AHURI National Housing Research Program Grants 2015 from (2015 to 2016)
- Literature Review on the impact of housing subsidies on housing outcomes. Funded by: AHURI Research Grants (CAT3 Generic) from (2015 to 2015)
- The Australian Small Amount Credit Contract Market: Risks and Opportunities. Funded by: Australian Centre for Financial Studies Research Grants 2014 from (2014 to 2015)
- Are Reverse Mortgages a Pathway to a Deeper Annuities Market?. Funded by: Australian Centre for Financial Studies Research Grants 2014 from (2014 to 2015)
7 PhD Completions7 PhD Current Supervisions