Dr de Silva is an applied economist/econometrician specialising in the analysis of the property (including housing) sector, natural resources, credit & financial markets and government policy. He has published papers in leading international academic journals as well as written several reports for key industry bodies.
He has a strong record of attaining grants, industry research contracts as well as Government funding to investigate areas of household finances and broader economic policy. Representatives from industry and the popular press regularly contact him for his perspectives and insights.
- Subject Area: Econometrics and Economics
Level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate and (E)MBA.
- BCom(Hons), PhD (Econometrics) Monash University
- Moallemi, M.,Melser, D.,Chen, C.,De Silva, A. (2022). The Globalization of Local Housing Markets: Immigrants, the Motherland and Housing Prices in Australia In: Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, 65, 103 - 126
- Moallemi, M.,Melser, D.,De Silva, A.,Chen, X. (2022). Examining the spatial and non-spatial linkages between suburban housing markets In: International Journal of Housing Markets and Analysis, , 1 - 25
- Feeny, S.,Trinh, T.,De Silva, A. (2022). Detecting Disasters and Disaster Recovery in Southeast Asia: Findings from Space In: Natural Hazards Review, 23, 1 - 16
- De Silva, A.,Duong, H.,Nguyen, T.,Nguyen, Y. (2022). Bank risk in uncertain times: do credit rationing and revenue diversification matter? In: Journal of Business, Finance and Marketing, , 1 - 34
- Yanotti, M.,Banks, M.,De Silva, A.,Anantharama, N.,Whiteford, P.,Bowman, D.,Csereklyei, Z. (2021). The utility of new data in understanding housing insecurity In: AHURI Final Report, , 1 - 56
- Eves, A.,De Silva, A.,Narayanan, V.,Navon, Y.,Leshinsky, J.,Ryan, G.,Mintah, K.,Baako, K. (2021). PROPERTY DEVELOPMENT AND GST In: Australian Tax Office Melbourne, Australia
- Elkins, M.,Coate, B.,Ozmen, M.,De Silva, A. (2021). Willingness to Volunteer: An Exploration of the Potential Volunteer Pool for Community Arts Programs In: Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, , 1 - 17
- Sinclair, S.,De Silva, A.,Kopanidis, F.,Thomas, S. (2020). Housing and Ageing Well In: Measuring, Understanding and Improving Wellbeing Among Older People, Springer Nature, Singapore
- Fairbrother, P.,Denham, T.,Prokopiv, V.,Banks, M.,De Silva, A.,Toner, P. (2020). The Future of Regional Jobs In: Regional Australia Institute Melbourne, Australia
- Banks, M.,De Silva, A. (2020). Day-to-day insecurity of low-income regional households and labour markets In: Regional Australia Institute Melbourne, Australia
12 PhD Completions4 PhD Current Supervisions
- DJTR - What Works for Place Based Approaches (Administered by: Jesuit Social Services). Funded by: Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions - Competitive from (2021 to 2022)
- Regional Jobs, Work and Employment. Funded by: Regional Australia Institute from (2019 to 2021)
- Using real time data to understand housing insecurity. Funded by: AHURI Research Grants 2019 (CAT 1 Generic) from (2019 to 2020)
- Future Jobs and Regional Workforce Development. Funded by: Regional Australia Institute from (2018 to 2021)
- Evidence-based inquiry into property transfer methodologies (RCP105). Funded by: AHURI National Housing Research Program Grants 2016 from (2016 to 2017)