Dr de Silva is an applied economist/econometrician specialising in the analysis of the property (including housing) sector, natural resources, credit & financial markets and government policy. He has published papers in leading international academic journals as well as written several reports for key industry bodies.
He has a strong record of attaining grants, industry research contracts as well as Government funding to investigate areas of household finances and broader economic policy. Representatives from industry and the popular press regularly contact him for his perspectives and insights.
- Subject Area: Econometrics and Economics
Level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate and (E)MBA.
- BCom(Hons), PhD (Econometrics) Monash University
- Angelopoulos, S.,Boymal, J.,De Silva, A. (2020). Economic benefits of 20-minute neighbourhoods In: Department of Environment, Water, Land and Planning Melbourne
- Sinclair, S.,De Silva, A.,Kopanidis, F.,Thomas, S. (2020). Housing and Ageing Well In: Measuring, Understanding and Improving Wellbeing Among Older People, Springer Nature, Singapore
- Fairbrother, P.,Denham, T.,Prokopiv, V.,Banks, M.,De Silva, A.,Toner, P. (2020). The Future of Regional Jobs In: Regional Australia Institute Melbourne, Australia
- Banks, M.,De Silva, A. (2020). Day-to-day insecurity of low-income regional households and labour markets In: Regional Australia Institute Melbourne, Australia
- De Silva, A.,Angelopoulos, S.,Boymal, J. (2019). The Distribution of Artistic Human Capital � A Typology Building Approach In: Economic Papers, 38, 95 - 113
- Nidup, J.,Feeny, S.,De Silva, A. (2018). Improving well-being in Bhutan: a pursuit of happiness or poverty reduction? In: Social Indicators Research, 140, 79 - 100
- Davidson, S.,De Silva, A. (2018). Did recent tobacco reforms change the cigarette market? In: Economic Papers, 37, 55 - 74
- Lehman, K.,Yanotti, M.,Angelopoulos, S.,De Silva, A. (2018). Analysis of extant Tasmanian creative industries data In: Tasmanian Creative Industries 2018 Australia
- De Silva, A.,Glover, J.,Narayanan, V.,Nguyen, T.,Westberg, K. (2018). Current issues with trusts and the tax system In: Australian Tax Office Australia
- De Silva, A.,Dalton, T.,Dodson, J.,Sinclair, S. (2017). Housing, multi-level governance and economic productivity In: AHURI Melbourne, Australia
5 PhD Current Supervisions8 PhD Completions
- Regional Jobs, Work and Employment. Funded by: Regional Australia Institute from (2019 to 2021)
- Using real time data to understand housing insecurity. Funded by: AHURI Research Grants 2019 (CAT 1 Generic) from (2019 to 2020)
- Future Jobs and Regional Workforce Development. Funded by: Regional Australia Institute from (2018 to 2021)
- Evidence-based inquiry into property transfer methodologies (RCP105). Funded by: AHURI National Housing Research Program Grants 2016 from (2016 to 2017)
- Harnessing housing policy for economic productivity: A multilevel governance and spatial perspective. Funded by: AHURI National Housing Research Program Grants 2015 from (2015 to 2016)