Dr Dong is an ARC DECRA Fellow in the School of Engineering, his research mainly focuses on airborne particle inhalation exposure characteristics and respiratory health issues. He is also teaching in Heat Transfer and CFD courses.
Current Role: Chief Investigator of an ARC Discovery Early Career Researcher Awards (DECRA) project, which aims to develop a new virtual platform to resolve the nanoparticle inhalation exposure characteristics in the nasal airway of animal surrogates and humans.
My research interests include:
- Inhalation exposure risks assessment in both human and laboratory animal airways;
- Targeted drug-aerosol delivery in the human respiratory system;
- Mass and heat transfer in fluid machinery;
- Pollutant dispersion and thermal effects in urban street canyons.
A PhD scholarship opportunity is available. For more information about how to apply, please contact me via email.
- PhD in Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering, RMIT University, Australia, 2015
- Masters in Fluid Machinery & Engineering, Northeastern University, China, 2010
- Shang, Y.,Tao, Y.,Dong, J.,He, F.,Tu, J. (2021). Deposition features of inhaled viral droplets may lead to rapid secondary transmission of COVID-19 In: Journal of Aerosol Science, 154, 1 - 6
- Fan, Y.,Dong, J.,Tian, L.,Inthavong, K.,Tu, J. (2020). Numerical and experimental analysis of inhalation airflow dynamics in a human pharyngeal airway In: International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 17, 1 - 14
- Siu, J.,Dong, J.,Inthavong, K.,Shang, Y.,Douglas, R. (2020). Quantification of airflow in the sinuses following functional endoscopic sinus surgery In: Rhinology, 58, 257 - 265
- Li, W.,Dong, J.,Wang, Y.,Tu, J. (2019). Numerical modeling of thermal response of a ground heat exchanger with single U-shaped tube In: Science and Technology for the Built Environment, 25, 525 - 533
- Shang, Y.,Dong, J.,Tian, L.,Inthavong, K.,Tu, J. (2019). Detailed computational analysis of flow dynamics in an extended respiratory airway model In: Clinical Biomechanics, 61, 105 - 111
- Inthavong, K.,Ma, J.,Shang, Y.,Dong, J.,Chetty, A.,Tu, J. (2019). Geometry and airflow dynamics analysis in the nasal cavity during inhalation In: Clinical Biomechanics, 66, 97 - 106
- Dong, J.,Shang, Y.,Tian, L.,Inthavong, K.,Qiu, D.,Tu, J. (2019). Ultrafine particle deposition in a realistic human airway at multiple inhalation scenarios In: International Journal for Numerical Methods in Biomedical Engineering, 35, 1 - 15
- Wang, X.,Dong, J.,Zhang, G.,Fu, Q.,Li, H.,Han, Y.,Tu, J. (2019). The Primary Pseudo-Shock Pattern Of Steam Ejector And Its Influence On Pumping Efficiency Based On Cfd Approach In: Energy, 167, 224 - 234
- Dong, J.,Ma, J.,Tian, L.,Inthavong, K.,Tu, J. (2019). Inhalation exposure analysis of lung-inhalable particles in an approximate rat central airway In: International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, 16, 1 - 18
- Wang, Z.,Tian, L.,Xia, L.,Dong, J.,Wang, J.,Tu, J. (2018). Experimental study on repetition frequency of Drop/Jet movement in electro-spraying of deionized water In: Aerosol and Air Quality Research, 18, 301 - 313