1. Teaching into undergraduate and postgraduate programs
2. Research supervision and leadership
3. Industry collaborations
- Smart Food Design and Innovation
- Emerging Food Processing Technologies: Ultrasound, Ohmic, PEF…
- Value Addition to Foods
- Functional Foods
- Food Physics, Rheology and Structure
- Food Processing
1. Expanding Options for Sorghum - Food and Distilling, Funded by Grain Research & Development Corporation (GRDC)- 2016-2021. Blanchard, C., Farahnaky, A., Mawson, J., Saliba, A. Managed by other universities. Au$1,847,000.
2. Increasing Productivity and Profitability of Pulse Production in Cereal Based Systems. Funded by ACIAR (Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research) 2016-2021. Rehman, A., Farahnaky, A., Blanchard, C., Ramsey, G. Managed by other universities. Au$2,312,963.
3. Next Generation Healthy Rice- GI Rice. Funded by AgriFuture-2015-2019. Blanchard, C, Farahnaky, A., Pallas, L. Managed by other universities. Au$370,000.
1. Graduate Certificate in University Leadership and Management (GCULM), Charles Sturt University, NSW, Australia, 2018.
2. Graduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education (GCLTHE), Charles Sturt University, NSW, Australia, 2016.
3. PhD in Food Science & Technology, Food Structure Group, Division of Food Sciences, University of Nottingham, England. Funded by British food industries. 2000-2003.
4. MSc in Food Science & Technology, Tarbiat Modarres University, Tehran, Iran. 1995-1997.
5. BSc in Food Science & Technology, Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran. 1991-1995.
• Discipline Leader, "Food Science and Nutrition" Discipline Group, School of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Science, Charles Sturt University, Wagga, NSW, Australia. 2017-2019.
• Discipline Leader of Food Processing, ARC Industrial Transformation Training Centre for Functional Grains. Charles Sturt University, Wagga, NSW, Australia. 2015-2018.
• Senior Researcher, Pathway: Grain & Meat Quality, Graham Centre for Agricultural Innovation, Wagga, NSW, 2014-2018.
• Co-Chair of 68th Australian Grain Science Conference (AGSA) and Chair of the Scientific Committee, held in Sep. 2018, Wagga, NSW.
• Member of Organizing Technical Committee, 2016 AIFST (Australian Food Science and Technology) Conference, Brisbane, June 2016.
• Co-Chair, 2016 AIFST (Australian Institute of Food Science and Technology) Summer School, Wagga, NSW, Jan. 2016.
• Associate Professor, Department of Food Science and Technology, Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran, 2005- 2013.
• Member of the Scientific Committee of The First International Conference on Natural Food Hydrocolloids, www.naturalhydrocolloids.ir/ 2014.
• Scientific Secretary of 21st IFSTC, Iran Food Science and Technology Conference, Shiraz University, Iran. Oct. 2013.
• Academic member of Centre of Excellence for Fig Research, Shiraz University, Ministry of Science, Research and Technology, Iran, 2012-2016.
• Technical Consultant to food processing factories for new functional products and process design, dairy and cereal producing factories, Shiraz, Iran, 2005- 2013.
• Head of Department of Food Science and Technology, Shiraz University, Iran. 2006-2011.
• Technical Member of Food Industry Committee of Fars province for issuing production licenses for food factories, 2005-2012.
• Postdoctoral Research Associate and Part-time Lecturer, University of Nottingham. 2002-2005.
- Majzoobi, M.,Farahnaky, A. (2021). Granular cold-water swelling starch; properties, preparation and applications, a review In: FOOD HYDROCOLLOIDS, 111, 1 - 11
- Lo, B.,Kasapis, S.,Farahnaky, A. (2021). Lupin protein: Isolation and techno-functional properties, a review In: Food Hydrocolloids, 112, 1 - 21
- Cutillo, S.,Farahnaky, A.,Marcotuli, I.,Gadaleta, A.,Sissons, M. (2021). In vitro starch digestion and technological properties of spaghetti fortified with lupin protein isolate In: International Journal of Food Science and Technology, , -
- Mazumder, K.,Nabila, A.,Aktar, A.,Farahnaky, A. (2020). Bioactive variability and in vitro and in vivo antioxidant activity of unprocessed and processed flour of nine cultivars of Australian lupin species: A comprehensive substantiation In: Antioxidants, 9, 1 - 23
- Zou, W.,Butardo Jr, V.,Toutounji, M.,Luo, J.,Farahnaky, A.,Blanchard, C. (2020). Harnessing particle disintegration of cooked rice grains for predicting glycaemic index In: Carbohydrate Polymers, 248, 1 - 8
- Hedayati, S.,Shahidi, F.,Majzoobi, M.,Koocheki, A.,Farahnaky, A. (2020). Structural, rheological, pasting and textural properties of granular cold water swelling maize starch: Effect of NaCl and CaCl2 In: Carbohydrate Polymers, 242, 1 - 8
- Majzoobi, M.,Mohammadi, M.,Farahnaky, A. (2020). Simultaneous reduction of fat and sugar in cake production; effects of changing sucrose, oil, water, inulin, and Rebaudioside A on cake batter properties In: Journal of Food Processing and Preservation, 44, 1 - 14
- Sharifi, S.,Majzoobi, M.,Farahnaky, A. (2020). Effects of particle size and moisture content of maize grits on physical properties of expanded snacks In: Journal of Texture Studies, , -
- Mhaske, P.,Farahnaky, A.,Kasapis, S. (2020). 3D Confocal Laser Scanning Microscopy for Quantification of the Phase Behaviour in Agarose-MCC co-gels in Comparison to the Rheological Blending-law Analysis In: Food Biophysics, 92, 1 - 8
- Majzoobi, M.,Farahnaky, A. (2020). Rheological behavior of glycyrrhiza glabra (licorice) extract as a function of concentration and temperature: A critical reappraisal In: Foods, 9, -
7 PhD Current Supervisions and 2 Masters by Research Current Supervisions