1. Teaching into undergraduate and postgraduate programs
2. Research supervision and leadership
3. Industry collaborations
- Smart Food Design and Innovation
- Emerging Food Processing Technologies: Ultrasound, Ohmic, PEF…
- Value Addition to Foods
- Functional Foods
- Food Physics, Rheology and Structure
- Food Processing
1. Expanding Options for Sorghum - Food and Distilling, Funded by Grain Research & Development Corporation (GRDC)- 2016-2021. Blanchard, C., Farahnaky, A., Mawson, J., Saliba, A. Managed by other universities. Au$1,847,000.
2. Increasing Productivity and Profitability of Pulse Production in Cereal Based Systems. Funded by ACIAR (Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research) 2016-2021. Rehman, A., Farahnaky, A., Blanchard, C., Ramsey, G. Managed by other universities. Au$2,312,963.
3. Next Generation Healthy Rice- GI Rice. Funded by AgriFuture-2015-2019. Blanchard, C, Farahnaky, A., Pallas, L. Managed by other universities. Au$370,000.
1. Graduate Certificate in University Leadership and Management (GCULM), Charles Sturt University, NSW, Australia, 2018.
2. Graduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education (GCLTHE), Charles Sturt University, NSW, Australia, 2016.
3. PhD in Food Science & Technology, Food Structure Group, Division of Food Sciences, University of Nottingham, England. Funded by British food industries. 2000-2003.
4. MSc in Food Science & Technology, Tarbiat Modarres University, Tehran, Iran. 1995-1997.
5. BSc in Food Science & Technology, Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran. 1991-1995.
• Discipline Leader, "Food Science and Nutrition" Discipline Group, School of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Science, Charles Sturt University, Wagga, NSW, Australia. 2017-2019.
• Discipline Leader of Food Processing, ARC Industrial Transformation Training Centre for Functional Grains. Charles Sturt University, Wagga, NSW, Australia. 2015-2018.
• Senior Researcher, Pathway: Grain & Meat Quality, Graham Centre for Agricultural Innovation, Wagga, NSW, 2014-2018.
• Co-Chair of 68th Australian Grain Science Conference (AGSA) and Chair of the Scientific Committee, held in Sep. 2018, Wagga, NSW.
• Member of Organizing Technical Committee, 2016 AIFST (Australian Food Science and Technology) Conference, Brisbane, June 2016.
• Co-Chair, 2016 AIFST (Australian Institute of Food Science and Technology) Summer School, Wagga, NSW, Jan. 2016.
• Associate Professor, Department of Food Science and Technology, Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran, 2005- 2013.
• Member of the Scientific Committee of The First International Conference on Natural Food Hydrocolloids, www.naturalhydrocolloids.ir/ 2014.
• Scientific Secretary of 21st IFSTC, Iran Food Science and Technology Conference, Shiraz University, Iran. Oct. 2013.
• Academic member of Centre of Excellence for Fig Research, Shiraz University, Ministry of Science, Research and Technology, Iran, 2012-2016.
• Technical Consultant to food processing factories for new functional products and process design, dairy and cereal producing factories, Shiraz, Iran, 2005- 2013.
• Head of Department of Food Science and Technology, Shiraz University, Iran. 2006-2011.
• Technical Member of Food Industry Committee of Fars province for issuing production licenses for food factories, 2005-2012.
• Postdoctoral Research Associate and Part-time Lecturer, University of Nottingham. 2002-2005.
- Hopkins, I.,Farahnaky, A.,Gill, H.,Newman, L.,Danaher, J. (2022). Australians’ experience, barriers and willingness towards consuming edible insects as an emerging protein source In: Appetite, 169, 1 - 9
- Lo, B.,Kasapis, S.,Farahnaky, A. (2022). Effect of low frequency ultrasound on the functional characteristics of isolated lupin protein In: Food Hydrocolloids, 124, 1 - 10
- Wang, Z.,Chandrapala, J.,Truong, T.,Farahnaky, A. (2022). (In Press) Oleogels prepared with low molecular weight gelators: Texture, rheology and sensory properties, a review In: Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, , 1 - 13
- Mhaske, P.,Kasapis, S.,Farahnaky, A.,Dokouhaki, M. (2022). (In Press) Quantifying Phase Behaviour in Model Food Composites Using 3D Confocal Laser Scanning Microscopy In: Food Biophysics, , 1 - 6
- Fadimu, G.,Gill, H.,Farahnaky, A.,Truong, T. (2022). Improving the enzymolysis efficiency of lupin protein by ultrasound pretreatment: Effect on antihypertensive, antidiabetic and antioxidant activities of the hydrolysates In: Food Chemistry, 383, 1 - 10
- Cork, S.,Blanchard, C.,Mawson, A.,Farahnaky, A. (2022). Pulse flaking: Opportunities and challenges, a review In: Comprehensive Reviews in Food Science and Food Safety, , 1 - 15
- Fadimu, G.,Farahnaky, A.,Gill, H.,Truong, T. (2022). Influence of ultrasonic pretreatment on structural properties and biological activities of lupin protein hydrolysate In: International Journal of Food Science and Technology, 57, 1729 - 1738
- Manyatsi, T.,Al-Hilphy, A.,Majzoobi, M.,Farahnaky, A.,Gavahian, M. (2022). Effects of infrared heating as an emerging thermal technology on physicochemical properties of foods In: Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, , 1 - 12
- Wang, Z.,Mhaske, P.,Farahnaky, A.,Kasapis, S.,Majzoobi, M. (2022). Cassava starch: Chemical modification and its impact on functional properties and digestibility, a review In: Food Hydrocolloids, 129, 1 - 19
- Majzoobi, M.,Farahnaky, A. (2021). Granular cold-water swelling starch; properties, preparation and applications, a review In: Food Hydrocolloids, 111, 1 - 11
1 PhD Completions9 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions
- Developing Functional Cellulose for Application in Shelf Stable Beverages. Funded by: Innovation Connections grant - Cat 1 from (2022 to 2023)
- Improving quality and adding value to abalone (administered by Kansom Australia Pty Ltd). Funded by: Innovation Connections grant - Cat 1 from (2022 to 2023)