1. Teaching into undergraduate and postgraduate programs
2. Research supervision and leadership
3. Industry collaborations
- Smart Food Design and Innovation
- Emerging Food Processing Technologies: Ultrasound, Ohmic, PEF…
- Value Addition to Foods
- Functional Foods
- Food Physics, Rheology and Structure
- Food Processing
1. Expanding Options for Sorghum - Food and Distilling, Funded by Grain Research & Development Corporation (GRDC)- 2016-2021. Blanchard, C., Farahnaky, A., Mawson, J., Saliba, A. Managed by other universities. Au$1,847,000.
2. Increasing Productivity and Profitability of Pulse Production in Cereal Based Systems. Funded by ACIAR (Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research) 2016-2021. Rehman, A., Farahnaky, A., Blanchard, C., Ramsey, G. Managed by other universities. Au$2,312,963.
3. Next Generation Healthy Rice- GI Rice. Funded by AgriFuture-2015-2019. Blanchard, C, Farahnaky, A., Pallas, L. Managed by other universities. Au$370,000.
1. Graduate Certificate in University Leadership and Management (GCULM), Charles Sturt University, NSW, Australia, 2018.
2. Graduate Certificate in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education (GCLTHE), Charles Sturt University, NSW, Australia, 2016.
3. PhD in Food Science & Technology, Food Structure Group, Division of Food Sciences, University of Nottingham, England. Funded by British food industries. 2000-2003.
4. MSc in Food Science & Technology, Tarbiat Modarres University, Tehran, Iran. 1995-1997.
5. BSc in Food Science & Technology, Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran. 1991-1995.
• Discipline Leader, "Food Science and Nutrition" Discipline Group, School of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Science, Charles Sturt University, Wagga, NSW, Australia. 2017-2019.
• Discipline Leader of Food Processing, ARC Industrial Transformation Training Centre for Functional Grains. Charles Sturt University, Wagga, NSW, Australia. 2015-2018.
• Senior Researcher, Pathway: Grain & Meat Quality, Graham Centre for Agricultural Innovation, Wagga, NSW, 2014-2018.
• Co-Chair of 68th Australian Grain Science Conference (AGSA) and Chair of the Scientific Committee, held in Sep. 2018, Wagga, NSW.
• Member of Organizing Technical Committee, 2016 AIFST (Australian Food Science and Technology) Conference, Brisbane, June 2016.
• Co-Chair, 2016 AIFST (Australian Institute of Food Science and Technology) Summer School, Wagga, NSW, Jan. 2016.
• Associate Professor, Department of Food Science and Technology, Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran, 2005- 2013.
• Member of the Scientific Committee of The First International Conference on Natural Food Hydrocolloids, www.naturalhydrocolloids.ir/ 2014.
• Scientific Secretary of 21st IFSTC, Iran Food Science and Technology Conference, Shiraz University, Iran. Oct. 2013.
• Academic member of Centre of Excellence for Fig Research, Shiraz University, Ministry of Science, Research and Technology, Iran, 2012-2016.
• Technical Consultant to food processing factories for new functional products and process design, dairy and cereal producing factories, Shiraz, Iran, 2005- 2013.
• Head of Department of Food Science and Technology, Shiraz University, Iran. 2006-2011.
• Technical Member of Food Industry Committee of Fars province for issuing production licenses for food factories, 2005-2012.
• Postdoctoral Research Associate and Part-time Lecturer, University of Nottingham. 2002-2005.
- Gavahian, M.,Sastry, S.,Farhoosh, R.,Farahnaky, A. (2020). Ohmic heating as a promising technique for extraction of herbal essential oils: Understanding mechanisms, recent findings, and associated challenges In: Advances in Food and Nutrition Research, 91, 227 - 273
- Gavahian, M.,Chu, Y.,Farahnaky, A. (2019). Effects of ohmic and microwave cooking on textural softening and physical properties of rice In: Journal of Food Engineering, 243, 114 - 124
- Toutounji, M.,Farahnaky, A.,Santhakumara, A.,Oli, P.,Butardo Jr, V.,Blanchard, C. (2019). Intrinsic and Extrinsic Factors affecting Rice Starch digestability In: Trends in Food Science & Technology, 88, 10 - 22
- Gavahian, M.,Tiwari, B.,Chu, Y.,Ting, Y.,Farahnaky, A. (2019). Food texture as affected by ohmic heating: Mechanisms involved, recent findings, benefits, and limitations In: Trends in Food Science and Technology, 86, 328 - 339
- Majzoobi, M.,Aghdam, M.,Eskandari, M.,Farahnaky, A. (2019). Quality and microbial properties of symbiotic bread produced by straight dough and frozen part-baking methods In: Journal of Texture Studies, 50, 165 - 171
- Azizi, R.,Capuano, E.,Nasirpour, A.,Pellegrini, N.,Golmakani, M.,Hosseini, S.,Farahnaky, A. (2019). Varietal differences in the effect of rice ageing on starch digestion In: Food Hydrocolloids, 95, 358 - 366
- Hafezparast-Moadab, N.,Hamdami, N.,Dalvi-Isfahan, M.,Farahnaky, A. (2018). Effects of radiofrequency-assisted freezing on microstructure and quality of rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) fillet In: Innovative Food Science and Emerging Technologies, 47, 81 - 87
- Gavahian, M.,Farahnaky, A. (2018). Ohmic-assisted hydrodistillation technology: A review In: Trends in Food Science and Technology, 72, 153 - 161
- Farahnaky, A.,Sharifi, S.,Imani, B.,Dorodmand, M.,Majzoobi, M. (2018). Physicochemical and mechanical properties of pectin-carbon nanotubes films produced by chemical bonding In: Food Packaging and Shelf Life, 16, 8 - 14
- Shahbazi, M.,Majzoobi, M.,Farahnaky, A. (2018). Impact of shear force on functional properties of native starch and resulting gel and film In: Journal of Food Engineering, 223, 10 - 21
5 PhD Current Supervisions and 2 Masters by Research Current Supervisions