Dr Guinevere Gilbert is a lecturer in Project Management for the Bachelor of Applied Science, at the School of Property, Construction and Project Management.
Guinevere’s research interests include organisational psychology in the project environment, graduate development, career development in project management and project management education. She has supervised Masters of Project Management minor research in the industries of policing and finance, and is currently second supervisor of a Doctor of Project Management student investigating analysis of complex projects.
Guinevere is a registered supervisor in the areas of:
- Organisational psychology
- Career development
- Project management
- Project teams
Guinevere is responsible for Project Management Concepts (1st year), Professional Practice in Project Management (3rd year) and Capstone in Project Management (4th year). Guinevere is also active in establishing partnerships between PCPM and potential employers of project management graduates, and in promoting project management in high schools in Victoria.
When not lecturing, Guinevere manages projects in property, education and the not-for-profit sectors.
- Lecturer, RMIT, 1995 - 2019
- Consultant, fmedge, 2006–2013
- Assistant Project Manager, Wimpey Homes, UK, 1993–95
- Graduate Management Trainee, Wimpey Construction, 1989–93
Project Management Institute
Australian Institute for Training and Development Student Award
- Gilbert, G.,Turner, M.,Haass, O. (2022). Working up to work: Perceived employability of students commencing a project management degree In: Project Leadership and Society, , 1 - 9
- Gilbert, G.,Turner, M.,Holdsworth, S. (2021). Understanding volunteer commitment to a project: Testing a conceptual model In: International Journal of Managing Projects in Business, 14, 1406 - 1421
- Gilbert, G.,Wingrove, D. (2019). Students' perceptions of employability following a capstone course In: Higher Education, Skills and Work-based Learning, 9, 650 - 661
- Weis, J.,Gilbert, G.,Aranda-Mena, G.,Rahmani, F.,London, K. (2018). Understanding the current gaze of workplace wellbeing in offsite manufacturing In: Joint CIB W099 and TG59 International Safety, Health, and People in Construction Conference, Coping with the Complexity of Safety, Health, and Wellbeing in Construction, Salvador, Brazil, 1-3 August, 2018
- Ranasinghe, R.,Gharaie, E.,Gilbert, G. (2018). Making a case for adoption of project management methodology for capital works projects in Australian local governments In: Project Management Institute Australia Conference 2017, Sydney, Australia, 9-30 May 2017
- Gilbert, G.,Holdsworth, S.,Kyle, L. (2017). A literature review and development of a theoretical model for understanding commitment experienced by volunteers over the life of a project In: VOLUNTAS: International Journal of Voluntary and Nonprofit Organizations, 28, 1 - 25
- Gilbert, G.,Cattell, K.,Edwards, P.,Bowen, P. (2017). A sequential mixed methods research approach to investigating HIV/AIDS intervention management by construction organisations in South Africa. In: Acta Structilia, 24, 27 - 52
- Morris, J.,Gilbert, G. (2017). Comparing continuance commitment in a project oriented organization In: AUBEA 2017: Australasian Universities Building Education Association Conference 2017, RMIT University, 3-5 July 2017
- Sharaborova, G.,Walker, D.,Gilbert, G. (2015). Journey towards best practices in acting on early warning signs in complex projects within a Russian context In: International Journal of Managing Projects in Business, 8, 828 - 843
- Gilbert, G. (2015). The relationship between graduate development programs and organisational commitment in the construction industry In: Proceedings of the 16th International Conference on Human Resource Development Research and Practice across Europe (UFHRD 2015), Cork, Ireland, 3-5 June 2015
1 PhD Completions and 3 Masters by Research Completions2 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions