Mr Jock Gilbert
Position: Lecturer, Landscape Architecture
College / Portfolio: Design and Social Context
School / Department: DSC|School of AUD
Campus: City Campus
Jock Gilbert is a lecturer in Landscape Architecture at the School of Architecture and Design.
Jock coordinates the Theoretical Frameworks and Foundation Design Studio streams in the Landscape Architecture program at RMIT.
He has an abiding interest in the unrepresentable and fleeting nature of the formless sublime thought and its relationship to landscape through the stories of the everyday.
Jock is currently engaged in design research practice which seeks the elevation of these stories to the scale of the epic through a ‘working of the ground’ in a series of regional projects located in East Africa, South East Asia and Western New South Wales.
- Alessandrini, J.,Phillips, C.,Gilbert, J. (2021). The practice of work integrated design learning with Indigenous communities In: Australian Collaborative Education Network 2020 National Conference Proceedings, Virtual, 27-28 October 2020
- Gilbert, J. (2021). Entangling Time and Place at Budj Bim In: Landscape Australia: Design, Urbanism, Planning Kulin, Melbourne, Australia
- Gilbert, J. (2020). Lurujarri Dreaming Trail In: Landscape Australia: Design, Urbanism, Planning Issue 166 May 2020, pp. 35-41 ISSN 1833-4814 Kulin, Melbourne, Australia
- Gilbert, J.,Pearce, S. (2020). On Eccentricity In: Kerb 28: Journal of Landscape Architecture ‘Decentre: Designing for coexistence in a time of crisis’ Kulin, Melbourne, Australia
- Gilbert, J. (2019). On Country: Emplaced Approaches to Collaborative Community Engagement [and] ((in) Through) Mapping Processes in ‘Workshop’ Mode In: Curator, 62, 615 - 628
- Drake, C.,Gilbert, J.,Mehzoud, S.,Pearce, S. (2019). Collected Reflections In: Curator, 62, 589 - 614
- Drake, C.,Dziekan, V.,Gilbert, J.,Mehzoud, S.,Pearce, B.,Pearce, S. (2019). Curatorial Design at the Cultural Interface: Mapping Culpra Station In: Curator, 62, 571 - 588
- Gilbert, J. (2019). The landscape of Country In: Landscape Australia: Design, Urbanism, Planning, Issue 162 May 2019, pp. 16-19 ISSN 1833-4814 Kulin, Melbourne, Australia
- Gilbert, J. (2019). Representation, remembrance and the memorial In: Landscape Australia: Design, Urbanism, Planning, Issue 161 2019
- Gilbert, J.,Pearce, S. (2019). Culturally Appropriate First Nations Consultation Report with Barkandji Maljangapa Nation In: NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment New South Wales
- Interpretive Wonderings: Mapping Culpra Station (NSW Dept of Industry, Skills and Regional Development). Funded by: NSW Department of Industry, Skills and Regional Development: Local Land Services 2016 from (2016 to 2016)