Margaret Hamilton is Professor of Computer Science and Information Technology. She is known internationally for her work in mobility, user experience and computer science education.
Professor Margaret Hamilton's research interests are software engineering in mobility, modelling, testing, ethnographic action research; computer science education including new technologies, problem-solving, employability and academic integrity.
- Hol, A.,Richardson, J.,McGovern, J.,Hamilton, M. (2023). A New Sustainable Model for Aligning Industry Requirements and University Programs In: ACM Inroads, 14, 30 - 39
- Valentine, A.,Belski, I.,Hamilton, M. (2022). Influence of using a pen-and-paper or computer-based approach on engineering students’ self-efficacy during idea generation In: Australasian Journal of Engineering Education, 27, 16 - 25
- Ali, K.,Hamilton, M.,Thevathayan, C.,Zhang, J. (2022). Big social data as a service (BSDaaS): a service composition framework for social media analysis In: Journal of Big Data, 9, 1 - 27
- Almaghrabi, S.,Rana, M.,Hamilton, M.,Saiedur Rahaman, M. (2022). Solar power time series forecasting utilising wavelet coefficients In: Neurocomputing, 508, 182 - 207
- McLaughlin, T.,Kennedy, B.,Harris, A.,Hamilton, M.,Richardson, J.,Holman Jones, S. (2021). Online and social media resilience in young people in vulnerable contexts In: Vulnerable Children and Youth Studies, 16, 178 - 188
- Alhazmi, S.,Thevathayan, C.,Hamilton, M. (2021). Learning UML Sequence Diagrams with a New Constructivist Pedagogical Tool: SD4ED In: SIGCSE 2021 - Proceedings of the 52nd ACM Technical Symposium on Computer Science Education, online, 13-20 March 2021
- Smith, S.,Hamilton, M.,Fabian, K. (2020). Entrepreneurial drivers, barriers and enablers of computing students: gendered perspectives from an Australian and UK university In: Studies in Higher Education, 45, 1892 - 1905
- Afful, A.,Hamilton, M.,Kootsookos, A. (2020). Towards space science education: A study of students’ perceptions of the role and value of a space science program In: Acta Astronautica, 167, 351 - 359
- Majrashi, K.,Hamilton, M.,Uitdenbogerd, S.,Al-Megren, S. (2020). Cross-platform usability model evaluation In: Multimodal Technologies and Interaction, 4, 1 - 23
- Alhazmi, S.,Thevathayan, C.,Hamilton, M. (2020). Interactive Pedagogical Agents for Learning Sequence Diagrams In: Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Artificial Intelligence in Education (AIED 2020), Ifrane, Morocco, 6 -10 July 2020
- Narratives of digital resilience. Funded by: Department of Premier and Cabinet: Social Cohesion Research Grant 2017 from (2017 to 2019)
- Developing entrepreneurial capabilities for the global labour market: A cross national study of IT students in the UK and Australia. Funded by: Society for Research into Higher Education (SRHE) Research Award 2016 onwards from (2017 to 2018)
- IELTS: Student and Supervisor Perceptions of Writing Competencies for a Computer Science PhD. Funded by: IELTS Australia Grant 2016 onwards from (2016 to 2017)
- Trans disciplinary thinking and practice to achieve TBL sustainability outcomes for the built environment: a pilot study. Funded by: DIIRD Future Designers Grant 2014 from (2014 to 2015)
- An integrated and real-time passenger travel and public transport service information system. Funded by: ARC Linkage Grant pre-2014 Round 2 from (2013 to 2018)
Note: Supervision projects since 2004
16 PhD Completions8 PhD Current Supervisions
Human-Computer Interaction involving Mobility, Computer Science Education, software engineering in mobility, modelling, testing, ethnography; CS education in problem-solving, employability and academic integrity.