Dr Kelly is a creative screen practitioner-researcher who lectures in the Master of Media program
- PhD (Creative Media), RMIT University
- BFA (Film & Television Production) (Hons 1), Queensland University of Technology
Patrick has worked as a digital producer within the film, television, and online media industry since 2006. He has worked for Network Ten, Jonathan M Schiff Productions, and his clients have included the Queensland Department of State Development, Leading Aged Services Australia, and Body Electric Dance Studios.
He has collaborated with the Victorian Equal Opportunity and Human Rights Commission and Winda Mara Aboriginal Corporation.
Patrick was a Co-Director of the Critical Animals creative arts festival (2014-2016).
His writing can be found at ABC’s The Drum, Fairfax, The Conversation, Mumbrella, The Lifted Brow and M/C Reviews.
- Kelly, P. (2022). Smartphone filmmaking for queer Australian documentary In: Studies in Documentary Film, , 1 - 16
- Kelly, P. (2021). The Trouble In: Sightlines journal Melbourne, Australia
- Guntarik, O.,Kelly, P.,Byrne, B.,Fiegert, B.,Glisovic, S. (2019). CREATIVE TECHNOLOGIES a case study of place-based learning and teaching in the digital age In: Creative Victoria and Kangaroo Flat Primary School Melbourne, Australia
- Kelly, P.,Berry, M. (2019). Appeasing the Trolls: Contextualising New Screen Practices with Smartphones In: The Palgrave Handbook of Screen Production, Springer, Cham, Switzerland
- Kelly, P. (2018). New Contextualised Perspectives: Using Bluetooth Beacons and Drones for Mixed-Reality Storytelling In: Mobile Story Making in an Age of Smartphones, Palgrave Pivot, Cham, Switzerland
- Kelly, P. (2018). Deconstructing the detour: a meld of theory and filmic practice to generate new knowledge In: Studies in Australasian Cinema, 12, 104 - 115
- Kelly, P. (2018). What's with your nails? In: 8th International Mobile Innovation Screening; CINEMQ 25 ? BEAST Melbourne, Australia; Wellington, New Zealand; Shanghai, China
- Kelly, P. (2017). Quo Grab #01 In: Melbourne Central Art Loop, Series Three: Issues of Tomorrow Melbourne, Australia
- Kelly, P. (2017). Quo Grab #02 In: 7th International Mobile Innovation Screening Melbourne, Australia
- Kelly, P. (2016). Creativity and autoethnography: Representing the self in documentary practice In: Screen Thought: A journal of image, sonic, and media humanities, 1, 1 - 9
1 PhD Completions and 1 Masters by Research Completions3 PhD Current Supervisions and 3 Masters by Research Current Supervisions