Professor Shona Leitch is Deputy Pro-Vice Chancellor Learning and Teaching in the College of Business.Professor Leitch's current research includes using eportfolios to enhance student employability, the development of creativity in business education curriculum and the use of social media in a number of ethical, business and governmental situations.
Professor Shona Leitch is currently the Deputy Pro-Vice Chancellor Learning and Teaching in the College of Business, RMIT University and previously was Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Management Course Director in the Faculty of Business and Law, Deakin University at the time the Bachelor of Commerce achieved EPAS accreditation from EFMD (the first BCom in Australia to achieve this. She has also developed and coordinated other key programs including a Bachelor of Management, Masters of IS and numerous programs in indigenous higher education.
Shona’s passion lies in the areas of curriculum development and management with a focus on eLearning and innovative teaching and learning initiatives. In 2013, she received as part of a Deakin University team a $206,000 from the Office for Learning and Teaching for work into eportfolios in Business Education. She has also received numerous internal research grants into various aspects of innovation in business education. As well as research into education practices, Shona also continues her business discipline research into privacy and ethics.
Shona is a member of the Australian Computer Society, HERDSA and the Informing Sciences Institute.
View more on Shona's LinkedIn profile.
- PhD, Deakin University
- Graduate Certificate Higher Education, Deakin University
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) Psychology, University of Plymouth
- Warren, M.,Leitch, S. (2019). Data retention: an assessment of a proposed national scheme In: Journal of Information, Communication and Ethics in Society, 17, 98 - 112
- Warren, M.,Leitch, S. (2018). The use of social media and new knowledge to researchers in the new age In: Positioning Research, Sage Publications Pvt., India
- Watty, K.,McKay, J.,Holt, D.,McGuigan, N.,Leitch, S.,Kavanagh, M. (2016). ePORTFOLIOS IN BUSINESS EDUCATION A National Study of ePortfolio Implementation 2013 to 2015 In: Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ) Australia
- Warren, M.,Leitch, S. (2016). The Syrian Electronic Army � a hacktivist group In: Journal of Information, Communication and Ethics in Society, 14, 200 - 212
- Senadheera, V.,Warren, M.,Leitch, S.,Pye, G. (2016). Facebook content analysis: A study into Australian banks' online community engagement In: Social Media Data Extraction and Content Analysis, IGI Global, USA
- Senadheera, V.,Warren, M.,Leitch, S. (2016). Social media as an information system: improving the technological agility In: Enterprise Information Systems, 11, 512 - 533
- Holt, D.,McGuigan, N.,Kavanagh, M.,Leitch, S.,Ngo, L.,Salzman, S.,Watty, K.,McKay, J. (2016). Academic leaders' perspectives on adopting ePortfolios for developing and assessing professional capabilities in Australian business education In: Australasian Journal of Educational Technology, 32, 1 - 18
- Warren, M.,Leitch, S. (2015). The security, privacy, and ethical implications of social networking sites In: Handbook of Research on Emerging Developments in Data Privacy, IGI Global, United States
- Sridharan, B.,Leitch, S.,Watty, K. (2015). Evidencing learning outcomes: a multi-level, multi-dimensional course alignment model In: Quality in Higher Education, 21, 171 - 188
- Warren, M.,Leitch, S. (2015). Cyber security and protection of ICS systems: An Australian example In: Cyber Security: Analytics, Technology and Automation, Springer International Publishing, Cham, Switzerland
1 PhD Current Supervisions