Dr Elizabeth Morton is a Lecturer of accounting and taxation in RMIT’s School of Accounting.
Doctor Elizabeth Morton began her professional career as an Accountant in small business taxation and accounting matters, before entering into the academic setting in 2013.
Her professional experience prior to academia includes various aspects of accounting and taxation services for all entity types, including matters in relation to capital gains tax and investments, GST and FBT compliance, as well as superannuation.
Within the academic setting, Elizabeth has taught across a number of accounting courses, most notably financial accounting and taxation. Prior to her current role at RMIT, Elizabeth was a sessional member of staff at Federation University Australia. Here, Elizabeth was involved in both teaching and administrative duties across the Commerce discipline, including course coordination, moderation, lecturing and tutoring activities.
Elizabeth’s research focuses on the conflict between the accounting and taxation systems. Elizabeth completed her Doctor of Philosophy in accounting at Federation University Australia, which explored the conceptual re-alignment of methodology underpinning tax effect accounting, with a particular focus on the Australian context. In recognition of this research was the attainment of the 2015 AFAANZ / CA ANZ / CPA Australia PhD Scholarship, valued at A$10,000.
Elizabeth is a Fellow of The Tax Institute, as well as a member of the British Accounting and Finance Association (BAFA), the Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand (AFAANZ) and the Golden Key Honour Society.
- Financial Accountability and Reporting
- Contemporary Financial and Integrated Reporting
- Accounting in Organisation and Society
- Taxation 1
- Doctor of Philosophy, Federation University Australia, 2013-2016
- AFAANZ / CAANZ / CPA Australia PhD Scholarship 2015 – valued at A$10,000
- Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) Scholarship 2013-2016
- Federation Business School PhD Top-Up Scholarship 2013-2015
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honours), University of Ballarat, 2012
- Most Meritorious Graduating Student in Honours Program 2012
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting), University of Ballarat, 2005-2010
- Thomson Reuters (Professional) Australia Limited Award for Income Tax Law & Practice 2011
- School of Business Awards for Excellence - CSP 50% Scholarship 2004