Tuyen Truong is a lecturer in Food Technology. She is responsible for carrying out teaching activities and advance research activities within the Bioscience and Food Technology discipline.
Tuyen Truong joined the Bioscience and Food Technology discipline, School of Science in October 2018.
Tuyen's research cores are on food/dairy processing technologies, food materials science including food emulsion, food crystallisation/glass transition and food dehydration. Tuyen has developed carbon dioxide-enhanced crystallisation technique and dairy-based oleogels system, which can be used to improve functionality of butter, low fat spreads and whipped cream. She has engaged in investigation on functionality and stability of dairy products on a milk fat globule size basis. Tuyen's current research focuses on innovations for dairy products and processes. Her research interests also steer towards the big challenges of oil structuring for fat-reduced food products. She aims to develop innovative templates for gelling of oil (oleogelation) that are suitable for broad range of applications including food, pharmaceuticals and neutraceuticals.
Tuyen has been awarded MADP2017 Young Scientist Excellent Award to recognise her in the initial phase of her career for the potential to make outstanding scientific contributions to the field of dairy science & technology and the potential for future scientific leadership.
Tuyen has previous lecturing experience in the areas of Food Processing Technology, Food Materials Science at The University of Queensland and Sensory Evaluation of Food at Nong Lam University (Vietnam). She is the course coordinator of one undergraduate course offered to Bachelor of Applied Science (Nutrition and Food Technology) students at RMIT Melbourne.
• ONPS 2556 Non-thermal Food Processing – Course coordinator & Lecturer
• ONPS 2527 Advanced Food Processing Technologies –Lecturer
- Doctor of Philosophy in Food Engineering, The University of Queensland, Australia
- Master of Philosophy in Food Processing Technology, The University of Queensland, Australia
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science and Technology, Nong Lam University Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- 2018–Present – Lecturer of Food Technology, RMIT University, Australia
- 2014–2018 – Research Fellow, ARC Dairy Innovation Hub, School of Agriculture and Food Sciences, The University of Queensland, Australia
- Wang, Z.,Chandrapala, J.,Truong, T.,Farahnaky, A. (2022). (In Press) Oleogels prepared with low molecular weight gelators: Texture, rheology and sensory properties, a review In: Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition, , 1 - 13
- Fadimu, G.,Gill, H.,Farahnaky, A.,Truong, T. (2022). Improving the enzymolysis efficiency of lupin protein by ultrasound pretreatment: Effect on antihypertensive, antidiabetic and antioxidant activities of the hydrolysates In: Food Chemistry, 383, 1 - 10
- Fadimu, G.,Farahnaky, A.,Gill, H.,Truong, T. (2022). Influence of ultrasonic pretreatment on structural properties and biological activities of lupin protein hydrolysate In: International Journal of Food Science and Technology, 57, 1729 - 1738
- Phan, K.,Truong, T.,Wang, Y.,Bhandari, B. (2021). Formation and Stability of Carbon Dioxide Nanobubbles for Potential Applications in Food Processing In: Food Engineering Reviews, 13, 3 - 14
- Panchal, B.,Truong, T.,Prakash, S.,Bansal, N.,Bhandari, B. (2021). Influence of fat globule size, emulsifiers, and cream-aging on microstructure and physical properties of butter In: International Dairy Journal, 117, 1 - 11
- Panchal, B.,Truong, T.,Prakash, S.,Bansal, N.,Bhandari, B. (2021). Influence of emulsifiers and dairy ingredients on manufacturing, microstructure, and physical properties of butter In: Foods, 10, 1 - 14
- Phan, K.,Truong, T.,Wang, Y.,Bhandari, B. (2021). Effect of electrolytes and surfactants on generation and longevity of carbon dioxide nanobubbles In: Food Chemistry, 363, 1 - 10
- Phan, K.,Truong, T.,Wang, Y.,Bhandari, B. (2021). Effect of CO2 nanobubbles incorporation on the viscosity reduction of fruit juice concentrate and vegetable oil In: International Journal of Food Science and Technology, 56, 4278 - 4286
- Fadimu, G.,Gill, H.,Farahnaky, A.,Truong, T. (2021). Investigating the Impact of Ultrasound Pretreatment on the Physicochemical, Structural, and Antioxidant Properties of Lupin Protein Hydrolysates In: Food and Bioprocess Technology, 14, 2004 - 2019
- Pham, B.,Wang, B.,Zisu, B.,Truong, T.,Adhikari, B. (2021). In-vitro digestion of flaxseed oil encapsulated in phenolic compound adducted flaxseed protein isolate-flaxseed gum complex coacervates In: Food Hydrocolloids, 112, 1 - 12
1 PhD Completions9 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions