Dr Céline Valéry is a lecturer in pharmaceutical sciences, a researcher and a scientific consultant for the pharmaceutical industry.
Dr Valéry coordinates and teaches courses in pharmacology, pharmacokinetics and drug regulations across different disciplines, including pharmacy, nursing, pharmaceutical sciences and allied health at all year levels. Dr Valéry is an internationally recognised physicochemist and drug development expert, with several years of pharmaceutical industry experience.
Dr Valéry has created a video in the TED-Ed Original lessons series titled 'How does your body process medicine?'. The video presents the basic concepts of pharmacokinetics and in the few weeks since its launch has had over four million views across Facebook, YouTube (view video) and other social media.
Dr Valéry has extensive industry experience. She was a researcher for several years in the pharmaceutical industry, with a special focus on therapeutic protein/peptide formulation and pharmaceutical nanotechnology. She was involved in the FDA and EMA approval of the first peptide nanotechnology formulation based on peptide self-assembly. She is co-inventor of 3 patents in therapeutic peptide formulation and chemistry.
Dr Valéry is an internationally recognised physicochemist and drug development expert. She currently acts as a scientific advisor for Mc Kinsey & company (high profile consultancy company) and as a scientific consultant for the pharmaceutical industry.
Professional community involvement
Dr Valéry is an assessor for:
- scientific journals, including:
- the Journal of the American Chemical Society (ACS),
- Interface Focus (RSC),
- Biopolymers (Wiley),
- the Journal of Peptide Science (Wiley),
- and the Journal of Physical Chemistry B (ACS).
- Australian synchrotron experiment proposals for the infrared and small angle X-ray scattering beam lines.
- PhD theses in chemistry/physicochemistry.
- Glossop, H.,De Zoysa, G.,Hemar, Y.,Cardoso, P.,Wang, K.,Lu, J.,Valery, C.,Sarojini, V. (2019). Battacin-inspired Ultrashort Peptides: Nanostructure Analysis and Antimicrobial Activity In: Biomacromolecules, 20, 2515 - 2529
- Dharmadana, D.,Reynolds, N.,Conn, C.,Valery, C. (2019). PH-Dependent Self-Assembly of Human Neuropeptide Hormone GnRH into Functional Amyloid Nanofibrils and Hexagonal Phases In: ACS Applied Bio Materials, , 1 - 6
- Do Jai Prakash Rai, U.,Thrimawithana, T.,Dharmadana, H.,Valery, C.,Young, S. (2018). Release kinetics of somatostatin from self-assembled nanostructured hydrogels In: Biopolymers, 110, 1 - 10
- Dharmadana, D.,Reynolds, N.,Dekiwadia, C.,Conn, C.,Valery, C. (2018). Heparin assisted assembly of somatostatin amyloid nanofibrils results in disordered precipitates by hindrance of protofilaments interactions In: Nanoscale, 10, 18195 - 18204
- Dharmadana, D.,Reynolds, N.,Conn, C.,Valery, C. (2017). Molecular interactions of amyloid nanofibrils with biological aggregation modifiers: implications for cytotoxicity mechanisms and biomaterial design In: Interface Focus, 4, 1 - 14
- Rugno, C.,Graan, J.,Hanna, P.,Pelpola Kankanamge, O.,Sharifi, Z.,Valery, C.,Thrimawithana, T. (2017). Stability of warfarin sodium tablets repackaged in dose administration aids In: Journal of Pharmacy Practice and Research, 47, 457 - 462
- Do Jai Prakash Rai, U.,Thrimawithana, T.,Valery, C.,Young, S. (2015). Therapeutic uses of somatostatin and its analogues: Current view and potential applications In: Pharmacology and Therapeutics, 152, 98 - 110
- Valery, C.,Deville-Foillard, S.,Lefebvre, C.,Taberner, N.,Legrand, P.,Meneau, F.,Meriadec, C.,Delvaux, C.,Bizien, T.,Kasotakis, E.,Lopez-Iglesias, C.,Gall, A.,Bressanelli, S.,Le Du, M.,Paternostre, M.,Artzner, F. (2015). Atomic view of the histidine environment stabilizing higher-pH conformations of pH-dependent proteins In: Nature Communications, 6, 1 - 8
- Eakins, G.,Pandey, R.,Wojciechowski, J.,Zheng, H.,Webb, J.,Valery, C.,Thordarson, P.,Plank, N.,Gerrard, J.,Hodgkiss, J. (2015). Functional organic semiconductors assembled via natural aggregating peptides In: Advanced Functional Materials, 25, 5640 - 5649
- Kaur, M.,Healy, J.,Vasudevamurthy, M.,Lasse, M.,Puskar, L.,Tobin, M.,Valery, C.,Gerrard, J.,Sasso, L. (2014). Stability and cytotoxicity of crystallin amyloid nanofibrils In: Nanoscale, 6, 13169 - 13178
1 PhD Completions5 PhD Current Supervisions and 1 Masters by Research Current Supervisions
- Optimising preparatory conditions for cryo-SEM of peptide hydrogels. Funded by: CSIRO Student Agreement from (2019 to 2021)
- New strategy for managing diabetic retinopathy - evaluation of somatostatin formulations. Funded by: 111-Diabetes Australia Research Trust Grant 2018 from (2018 to 2019)