Dr Céline Valéry is a lecturer in pharmaceutical sciences, a researcher and a scientific consultant for the pharmaceutical industry.
Dr Valéry coordinates and teaches courses in pharmacology, pharmacokinetics and drug regulations across different disciplines, including pharmacy, nursing, pharmaceutical sciences and allied health at all year levels. Dr Valéry is an internationally recognised physicochemist and drug development expert, with several years of pharmaceutical industry experience.
Dr Valéry has created a video in the TED-Ed Original lessons series titled 'How does your body process medicine?'. The video presents the basic concepts of pharmacokinetics and in the few weeks since its launch has had over four million views across Facebook, YouTube (view video) and other social media.
Dr Valéry has extensive industry experience. She was a researcher for several years in the pharmaceutical industry, with a special focus on therapeutic protein/peptide formulation and pharmaceutical nanotechnology. She was involved in the FDA and EMA approval of the first peptide nanotechnology formulation based on peptide self-assembly. She is co-inventor of 3 patents in therapeutic peptide formulation and chemistry.
Dr Valéry is an internationally recognised physicochemist and drug development expert. She currently acts as a scientific advisor for Mc Kinsey & company (high profile consultancy company) and as a scientific consultant for the pharmaceutical industry.
Professional community involvement
Dr Valéry is an assessor for:
- scientific journals, including:
- the Journal of the American Chemical Society (ACS),
- Interface Focus (RSC),
- Biopolymers (Wiley),
- the Journal of Peptide Science (Wiley),
- and the Journal of Physical Chemistry B (ACS).
- Australian synchrotron experiment proposals for the infrared and small angle X-ray scattering beam lines.
- PhD theses in chemistry/physicochemistry.
- Do Jai Prakash Rai, U.,Thrimawithana, T.,Valery, C.,Young, S. (2015). Therapeutic uses of somatostatin and its analogues: Current view and potential applications In: Pharmacology and Therapeutics, 152, 98 - 110
- Valery, C.,Deville-Foillard, S.,Lefebvre, C.,Taberner, N.,Legrand, P.,Meneau, F.,Meriadec, C.,Delvaux, C.,Bizien, T.,Kasotakis, E.,Lopez-Iglesias, C.,Gall, A.,Bressanelli, S.,Le Du, M.,Paternostre, M.,Artzner, F. (2015). Atomic view of the histidine environment stabilizing higher-pH conformations of pH-dependent proteins In: Nature Communications, 6, 1 - 8
- Eakins, G.,Pandey, R.,Wojciechowski, J.,Zheng, H.,Webb, J.,Valery, C.,Thordarson, P.,Plank, N.,Gerrard, J.,Hodgkiss, J. (2015). Functional organic semiconductors assembled via natural aggregating peptides In: Advanced Functional Materials, 25, 5640 - 5649
- Phillips, A.,Littlejohn, J.,Yewdall, A.,Zhu, T.,Valery, C.,Pearce, F.,Mitra, A.,Radjainia, M.,Gerrard, J. (2014). Peroxiredoxin is a versatile self-assembling tecton for protein nanotechnology In: Biomacromolecules, 15, 1871 - 1881
- Kaur, M.,Healy, J.,Vasudevamurthy, M.,Lasse, M.,Puskar, L.,Tobin, M.,Valery, C.,Gerrard, J.,Sasso, L. (2014). Stability and Cytotoxicity of Crystallin Amyloid Nanofibrils In: Nanoscale, 6, 13169 - 13178
- Valery, C.,Pandey, R.,Gerrard, J. (2013). Protein �-interfaces as a generic source of native peptide tectons In: Chemical Communications, 49, 2825 - 2827
- Gobeaux, F.,Fay, N.,Tarabout, C.,Meneau, F.,Meriadec, C.,Delvaux, C.,Cintrat, J.,Valery, C.,Artzner, F.,Paternostre, M. (2013). Experimental observation of double-walled peptide nanotubes and monodispersity modeling of the number of walls In: Langmuir: the A C S Journal of Surfaces and Colloids, 29, 2739 - 2745
- van Grondelle, W.,Lecomte, S.,Lopez-Iglesias, C.,Manero, J.,Cherif-Cheikh, R.,Paternostre, M.,Valery, C. (2013). Lamination and spherulite-like compaction of a hormone's native amyloid-like nanofibrils: spectroscopic insights into key interactions In: Faraday Discussions, 166, 163 - 180
- Gobeaux, F.,Fay, N.,Tarabout, C.,Meriadec, C.,Meneau, F.,Ligeti, M.,Buisson, D.,Cintrat, J.,Nguyen, K.,Perrin, L.,Valery, C.,Artzner, F.,Paternostre, M. (2012). Structural role of counterions adsorbed on self-assembled peptide nanotubes In: Journal of the American Chemical Society, 134, 723 - 733
- Tarabout, C.,Roux, S.,Gobeaux, F.,Fay, N.,Pougete, E.,Meriadec, C.,Ligeti, M.,Thomas, D.,Ijsselstijn, M.,Besselievre, F.,Buisson, D.,Verbavatz, J.,Petitjean, M.,Valery, C.,Perrin, L.,Rousseau, B.,Artzner, F.,Paternostre, M.,Cintrat, J. (2011). Control of peptide nanotube diameter by chemical modifications of an aromatic residue involved in a single close contact In: Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS), 108, 7679 - 7684
3 PhD Current Supervisions