Dr Ying (Lena) Wang is a Senior Lecturer in RMIT's School of Management. Lena is trained in organisational psychology, and her research and consulting interests lie in leadership development, personality and individual differences, and diversity management in organisations.
Dr Ying (Lena) Wang joined the School of Management, RMIT University in 2016. Before then, she was the Lab and Educational Program Manager of Accelerated Learning Laboratory, and lecturer at Business School and School of Psychology, University of Western Australia. Lena teaches in areas of work psychology, organisational behaviour, and human resource management. Her research interests include leadership development, personality and individual differences, diversity management, and employee wellbeing. She has published on top-tier journals including Journal of Applied Psychology, Annual Review of Organizational Psychology and Organizational Behavior, Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology. She was a past co-editor of the book series, Advances in Global Leadership, published by Emerald.
Lena has over a decade of consulting experience on a wide range of areas specialising in psychometric testing, talent assessment and management, leadership training and development, among others. Lena has lived and worked in Australia, UK, US and China.
Lena received a PhD in Work Psychology from University of Sheffield, UK, and MSc in Psychological Research Method and MA in Organisational Studies from University of Warwick, UK. Lena is certified for using a wide range of psychological assessment and training tools.
- PhD in Work Psychology (2012), Institute of Work Psychology, University of Sheffield, UK
- MSc Research Methods in Psychology (2008), Department of Psychology, University of Warwick, UK
- MA in Organisation Studies (2004), Warwick Business School, University of Warwick, UK
- BA in Russian Language and Literature (2003), Fudan University, China
4 PhD Current Supervisions
- Evaluation of the Victorian LGBTIQ Leadership Program 2020. Funded by: Department of Premier and Cabinet Research Project from (2020 to 2021)
- Peer Workforce Development Guideline. Funded by: National Medical Health Commission Contract from (2019 to 2020)
- LGBTI Leadership Program Evaluation. Funded by: Department of Premier and Cabinet Research Project from (2018 to 2020)
- Wu, C.,Wang, Y.,Parker, S.,Griffin, M. (2020). (In Press) Effects of chronic job insecurity on Big Five personality change In: Journal of Applied Psychology, , 1 - 19
- Wang, Y.,Ang, C.,Jiang, Z.,Wu, C. (2019). The role of trait extraversion in shaping proactive behavior: A multilevel examination of the impact of high-activated positive affect In: Personality and Individual Differences, 136, 107 - 112
- Parker, S.,Wang, Y.,Liao, J. (2019). When Is Proactivity Wise? A Review of Factors That Influence the Individual Outcomes of Proactive Behavior In: Annual Review of Organizational Psychology and Organizational Behavior, 6, 221 - 248
- Byrne, L.,Roennfeldt, H.,Wang, Y.,O'Shea, P. (2019). 'You don't know what you don't know': The essential role of management exposure, understanding and commitment in peer workforce development In: International Journal of Mental Health Nursing, 28, 572 - 581
- Jiang, Z.,Wang, Y.,Hu, X.,Wang, Z. (2019). Open Workplace Climate and LGB Employees' Psychological Experiences: The Roles of Self-Concealment and Self-Acceptance In: Journal of Employment Counseling, 56, 2 - 19
- Byrne, L.,Wang, Y.,Roennfeldt, H.,Chapman, M.,Darwin, L. (2019). Queensland Framework for the Development of the Mental Health Lived Experience Workforce In: Queensland Mental Health Commission Brisbane, Australia
- Jiang, Z.,Wang, Y.,Guo, F.,Gollan, P. (2018). Vocational experiences and quality of life of migrants: overview and future research In: Social Indicators Research, 139, 403 - 414
- Warmerdam, A.,Newnam, S.,Wang, Y.,Sheppard, D.,Griffin, M.,Stevenson, M. (2018). High performance workplace systems' influence on safety attitudes and occupational driver behaviour In: Safety Science, 106, 146 - 153
- Wang, Y.,Wu, C.,Parker, S.,Griffin, M. (2018). Developing goal orientations conducive to learning and performance: An intervention study In: Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology, 91, 875 - 895
- Fairbrother, P.,Rafferty, M.,Douglas, N.,Wang, Y. (2018). Retiring Hurt? The Long-term Costs of Structural Conflicts of Duty and Interest in the Superannuation Industry In: Industry Super Australia Melbourne, Australia