- Human resource Management (culture, human capital)
- International tourism management (culture tourism, cross-culture interactive behaviour)
- A comparison of TRA, TPB and TIB in predicting host residents’ behaviour towards international tourists
- Migrant professional workers in Australia: nature of work, career prospect and implications for organisational and government policy development
- A Socio-behavioural study of community attitudes towards tourism development and tourist-resident interaction in Melbourne’s Metropolitan fringe. This project was funded by Victorian local councils. Some outcomes of this project have been published in journal and conference proceedings.
- A case study of sensible tourism in sensitive regions. The outcome of this study was published as refereed paper in conference proceedings.
- Travel perspectives – a study of Chinese inbound toutirsts’ travel incentives to Australia. The outcome of this study was published as refereed paper in conference proceedings.
- A psychological study of Australian outbound tourists’ travel motivation. The outcome of this study was published as refereed paper in conference proceedings.
Dr Jiaying Zhang has taught undergraduate courses in the areas of tourism management, event management, international business and organisation theory. Also coordinated offshore Work Integrated Learning courses in Singapore. Currently a lecturer in the School of Management.
- Lecturer, School of Management, RMIT University (2009 onwards)
- Teaching fellow, School of Management, RMIT University (2008)
- PhD candidate, School of Management, RMIT University (2004-2008)
- Senior Business Consultant, Boerde Consultant Co. Ltd. (1998-2002)
- Associate member of the Australia and New Zealand Academy of Management (ANZAM)
- Member of Financial Management association of Australia Ltd. (FMAA)
- Almutawa, Z.,Muenjohn, N.,Zhang, J. (2018). Attitudes and behaviors as predictors of service quality in the telecommunications sector context In: International Journal of Quality & Reliability Management, 35, 656 - 677
- Muenjohn, N.,Montague, A.,Hoare, L.,Zhang, J. (2017). Managerial competencies related to soft skills: An investigation of hotel management in Asia In: Transcontinental Strategies for Industrial Development and Economic Growth, IGI Global, United States
- Almutawa, Z.,Muenjohn, N.,Zhang, J. (2016). The effect of human resource management system on employees' commitment: The mediating role of the AMO model In: The Journal of Developing Areas, 50, 17 - 29
- Ding, M.,Kam, B.,Zhang, J.,Jie, F. (2015). Effects of human resource management practices on logistics and supply chain competencies - evidence from China logistics service market In: International Journal of Production Research, 53, 2885 - 2903
- Almutawa, Z.,Muenjohn, N.,Zhang, J. (2015). Unlocking the black box of the conceptual relationship between HRM system and organizational performance In: The Journal of Developing Areas, 49, 413 - 420
- Cooke, F.,Wang, J.,Yao, X.,Xiong, L.,Zhang, J.,Li, A. (2015). Mining with a high-end strategy: a study of Chinese mining firms in Africa and human resources implications In: International Journal of Human Resource Management, 26, 2744 - 2762
- Ku Daud, K.,Holian, R.,Zhang, J. (2014). Job satisfaction and organizational commitment in the public sector: a study of a 'closed' government agency In: International Journal of Innovation, Management and Technology, 362, 5 - 5
- Cooke, F.,Zhang, J.,Wang, J. (2013). Chinese professional immigrants in Australia: A gendered pattern in (re)building their careers In: International Journal of Human Resource Management, 24, 2628 - 2645
- Muenjohn, N.,Montague, A.,Zhang, J.,Hoare, L. (2013). Developing soft skills of leadership: The case of middle managers in international hotels in Asia In: Proceedings of the Asian Business and Management Conference 2013, Osaka, Japan, 21-24 November 2013
- Muenjohn, N.,Nankervis, A.,Zhang, J.,Huang, C. (2012). Leadership and national culture: an application of Hofstede's framework In: Organisational Leadership: Concepts, Cases and Research, Cengage Learning, Melbourne, Australia
2 PhD Completions