Head of Department
College of Business & Law
Graduate School of Business & Law
+613 9925 5949
Melbourne City campus
Professor Zhou (Joe) Jiang is Head of Department and Professor (MBA) at Graduate School of Business and Law, RMIT University, Australia. His research and consulting areas include workforce development, employee wellbeing, career management, mental health at work, workplace safety, diversity and inclusion, knowledge management, socially responsible and sustainable management, and cross-cultural management.
Professor Jiang joined the Graduate School of Business and Law, RMIT University, Australia in February 2022. He previously worked at Flinders University, Deakin University, Griffith University, and Central Queensland University. Joe received his PhD (October 2014) from Macquarie University where he spent 2 years and 9 months completing a thesis concerning fairness management and employee attitudes in a cross cultural context. Prior to moving to Australia, he was also educated in South Korea for an MBA in human resource management and organizational studies, and in China for a bachelor of boiengineering.
He currently serves as an Associate Editor for Applied Psychology: An International Review (ABDC ranking - A) and The International Journal of Human Resource Management (ABDC ranking - A). He also seats on the editorial boards of Journal of Organizational Behavior (A*), Journal of Vocational Behavior (A*), Human Resource Management (A*), Human Resource Management Journal (A), and Australian Journal of Management (A). He is also co-chairing the Organizational Behavior Stream at Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management (ANZAM) and is an ANZAM board member as Research Committee Chair. He has served as a lead or co-editor for journal special issues, including "The Effects of Childhood Experiences in Adulthood: Implications for Business Activity and Research" (Journal of Business Research), "Vocational Experiences and Quality of Life of Migrants" (Social Indicators Research), "Thrive in Future of Work through Knowledge Management" (Knowledge Management Research & Practice), and "Caring for Our Workers: Advancing Human Resource Management Innovations and Interventions to Support Workforce Mental Health" (Personnel Review).
Joe is a recipient of the ANZAM Early Career Researcher Award (2016). This award is to foster and recognize the research and scholarly achievements of emerging researchers who are at an early stage in an academic career. He was also a recipient of the ANZAM Best Paper Award of the Gender, Diversity, and Indigeneity Stream (2015) for a paper focussed on LGB individuals' work-related wellbeing.
Joe has published 46 journal articles, among which over 90% (n = 42) are in A*/A/Q1 journals (as per ABDC ranking or JCR journal quartile) . His work has appeared in Journal of Organizational Behavior, Journal of Vocational Behavior, Human Resource Management Journal, Applied Psychology: An International Review, International Journal of Hospitality Management, International Journal of Human Resource Management, Journal of Safety Research, Journal of Career Assessment, Personnel Review, Personality and Individual Differences, International Migration, International Journal of Manpower, Journal of Employment Counseling, Social Indicators Research, Cross Cultural Management, among others. His work has also been featured in Harvard Business Review, and cited in media such as The Sydney Morning Herald, The Age, and Brisbane Times.
- Associate Editor, Applied Psychology: An International Review (ABDC Ranking, A)
- Associate Editor, The International Journal of Human Resource Management (ABDC Ranking, A)
- Editorial Board: Journal of Organizational Behavior (A*), Journal of Vocational Behavior (A*), Human Resource Management (A*), Human Resource Management Journal (A), and Australian Journal of Management (A)
- Member, Society of Organisational Behaviour in Australia (SOBA)
- Chair, Organisational Behavior Stream, Australian and New Zealand Academy of Management (ANZAM)
- PhD in Management (October 2014), Macquarie University, Australia
- MBA in Human Resource Management and Organisational Studies (August 2010), Yeungnam University, South Korea
- Graduate Certificate in Tertiary Education (2015), Central Queensland University, Australia
- Bachelor of Bioengineering (July 2008), Northwest A&F University, China