Cathy is a research fellow with the Interdisciplinary conservation science research group at RMIT.
Cathy is currently working on a project Planning for green open space in urbanising landscapes.
The Lower Hunter in NSW has been selected to participate in the sustainable regional development program, which is part of the Australian Government’s Sustainable Australia–Sustainable Communities strategy.
- 2003 PhD (Molecular Sciences), La Trobe University.
- 1996 Bachelor of Science, Honours (Genetics), La Trobe University
- 1995 Bachelor of Science (Marine Biology and Zoology), James Cook University
- 2008 – present; Councilor, Melbourne City Council
- 2009 – 2012 Chair, Board of Directors ICLEI, Local Governments for Sustainability Oceania
- 2009 – present; Lord Mayors Charitable Foundation – Environmental Grants Advisory Panel
- 2009 – present; local government representative Victorian Roads Based Public Transport Advisory Council
- 2009 – present; World Mayors Council on Climate Change
- 2010 – present; Yarra Park Advisory Committee
- 2011 – present; Founding Board member Tipping Point Australia
- 2012 – present; Chair of Regional Executive Committee, ICLEI Local Governments for Sustainability Oceania
- 2013 – present; Executive member, Metropolitan Transport Forum