- Program Leader, Applied Chemistry/Environmental Science
- Provide Academic leadership in Inorganic Chemistry
- Lecture in Inorganic Chemistry to all levels of Applied Chemistry Program, plus PG supervision
- Bio-Inorganic Chemistry, Inorganic Toxicology, Analysis with Ion Selective Electrodes, Rheological studies of Biopolymers and metallo-gels, Preparation of layered compounds and metal-oxide sensors.
- Physico-chemical studies of Biopolymers, such as tannins, chitosan and starch.
- Diploma of Education, University of Melbourne, 1977
- PhD, University of Melbourne, 1972
- Bachelor of Science, University of Melbourne, 1968
- Diploma of Applied Chemistry, Footscray Institute of Technology, 1966
- Member of CRC for Microtechnology
- C.J. Rix and D.C.Donohue, ‘Commentary on the case of Fluoride’ Chem. Aust., 72, 17-19 (2005)
- R. Clarke, K. Latham, C. Rix, M. Hobday & J. White, ‘Novel copper materials based on the self-assembly of organophosphonic acids and bidentate amines’ Cryst. Chem. Comm., 7, 28-36 ( 2005)
- S. Gakias, C. Rix, A. Fowless, G. Wills-Johnson, K. Latham & J. White, ‘A comparison of the intramolecular and intermolecular hydrogen bonding in N,N’-ethylenebis(aminobenzylidene) in the solid state with its salen analogue’ J. Molec. Structure, 737, 69-74 (2005)
- L.Q. Tu., C.J.Rix, P.F.A. Wright & J.T. Ahokas, ‘The subcellular distribution of defluorination activity in marsupial and rodent species’ Australasian J. Ecotox’y, 10, 57-63 (2004)
- R. C. Clarke, K. Latham, C.J. Rix and M. Hobday, ‘Heterocyclic Amine Derivatives of Zinc Organophosphonates’ Chem. Mater. 16, 2463-2470 (2004)