As Senior Learning and Teaching Advisor, Kellyann's key focus is to support and lead contemporary tertiary learning and teaching practices and projects.She brings over 10 years of experience in the university sector in diverse roles including teaching and academic positions across VE and HE, lecturing both on and off-shore, as well as coordinating positions: Fine Art Photography Studio and the Internship course, School of Art. Her PhD research project is positioned in the discipline of Fine Arts.
Her areas of engagement in the College include leading the Connecting Sessional Staff project and supporting the Office of Learning and Teaching (OLT) in grant application processes. She was a project team member on Contribute: Peer learning for inclusive practice in Art and Design and developed and facilitated the LEAD program for first year students, School of Art.
In 2015, she was awarded Benchmarking Leadership and Advancement of Standards for Sessional Staff (BLASST) Good Practice Award for her work with sessional staff in DSC.
- PhD (current)
- MA (Fine Art) 2002
- BA (Fine Art) 1998
- B (Ed) 1990
- TAE 2008
- Senior Lecturer and Studio Coordinator Fine Art Photography, School of Art, RMIT University, 2009–2011
- Internship Program Coordinator, School of Art, 2010–2012
- Lecturer, Fine Art Photography and Teacher, Photography, Visual Arts (TAFE), School of Art, 2007–2009
Her PhD research project: Imaging Thought in Digital Space is a practice-based research that will be accompanied by an exegesis. The work examines how thoughts have been pictured through the marginal histories of photographic practice, through scientific imaging, art and science fiction over the last century. The research re-contextualizes these practices and extends the visual expression of thought through contemporary digital imaging technologies.
- Thoughtforms, SensiLab, Monash at ACMI, Melbourne Knowledge Week, May 2016
- A Theory of Error in “Mirror of the world: books and ideas”, State Library of Victoria, 2014–2015
- Digital Thought Imaging, Photomediations Machine, 2014
- 2112 Imagining the Future, RMIT Gallery, 2011
- The Digital Thought Photography Project, St Vincent’s Hospital, 2011
- Death Be Kind, Upstairs at the Alderman, Melbourne 2010
- Interaction, PAO Gallery, Hong Kong, 2009
- BODY, Project Space, RMIT, 2009
- Territories, Project Space, RMIT, 2009
- Thought forms, red gallery, Melbourne, 2008
- MarsProject, Spare Room (Project Space), RMIT, 2008
- Recent Works: Fine Art Photography Staff, School of Art Gallery, RMIT
- On Dusk, Meeniyan Art Gallery, 2006
- Irregular by Nature, Dianne Tanzer Gallery, 2005
- Headspace, National Neurosciences Facility Melb and Aikenhead Gallery, St Vincents Hospital Melbourne, 2004
- Mindscape (Collaborative Video Animation), Public Screen, Federation Square , 2004
- A Particular Frame of Mind, Glen Eira City Gallery, 1998
- Art and Biomedical Science Residency with St Vincent's and University of Melbourne (Harry Brookes Allen Museum of Anatomy and Pathology and the Medical History Museum), 2015
- ‘Highly commended’ for 2014 Aikenhead Centre for Medical Discovery (ACMD) Art and Science Award.
- Water in Your Head, 2002
- Of Mind, 1996
Conference papers (published in proceedings)
- Imaging Thought in Digital Space, 21st International Symposium in Electronic Arts ISEA 2015, Vancouver, Canada 2015
- The subject in digital thought imaging, The Digital Subject #3: Temporalities, University of Paris 8, 2014
- Disseizure, Close Encounters - 4th Biennial Conference for Society of Literature, Science & the Arts (SLSA), University of Amsterdam, 2006
- A Theory of Error, Creativity and Cognition, Goldsmiths College, London, 2005
- Of Mind, 22nd International Epilepsy Congress, Dublin, 1997