Dr William Sullivan has completed a doctorate in the analysis and formation of resistant starch from wheat and it's application in various food systems. He has extensive experience developing, designing and delivering high quality learning materials in both undergraduate and postgraduate food science programs. Currently, William coordinates a range of outreach and engagement programs aimed at widening STEM participation in underrepresented school cohorts.
- Resistant starch
- Flavour chemistry
- Carbohydrate analysis
- Peer learning
- International articulation programs
William may also be contacted via his LinkedIn profile.
Dr William Sullivan manages the following programs:
A multi-University program that coordinates the placement of University mentors within high schools classrooms that fit a low socio-economic status. Mentors work with teachers and students to build passion and excitement for STEM, whilst simultaneously building their own graduate attributes and shortening the gap between secondary and tertiary education.
A three day STEM intensive, immersive experience available for year 9s and 10s across Victoria, where attendees participate in a range of active workshops highlighting each theme of STEM across the City and Bundoora campuses.
The Deadly STEM Experience
Offered only to Indigenous students around Victoria and Australia, the experience allows young first nation people to participate in culturally STEM related workshops with current RMIT Indigenous students present for mentoring.
The Regional STEM Roadshow
Current RMIT STEM students travel to various partner primary and high schools in regional Victoria conducting and facilitating a range of active and hands-on workshops to students in years 7 through to 10.
- PhD (Chemistry) RMIT University (2014 - 2018)
- Bachelor of Science (Food Technology & Nutrition) RMIT University (2011 - 2013)
Academic and professional experience
- Offshore course coordinator (RMIT University 2017 - present)
- Senior Coordinator Student Experience (RMIT University 2018 - 2019)
- Workshop Coordinator (RMIT University 2017 - 2018)
- Sessional tutor and laboratory demonstrator (RMIT University 2014 - 2018)
- Australian Institute of Food Science and Technology
- Cereal and Grains Association
- Higher Education Academy
- Australia Chemical Society