VISUAL: RMIT Vice-Chancellor and President, Martin Bean addresses the camera:
VC Martin Bean Speaks:
It’s hard to believe it’s the end of 2019! It’s been a huge year and I have no doubt you’re all ready for a break.
I want to thank you for your hard work and care this year.
Because of you, lives have been transformed and remarkable contributions to communities have been made.
You’ve cared for each other and our students, you’ve built partnerships that ensure the RMIT name remains synonymous with contemporary education, and you’ve undertaken research with real world impact.
Last year we committed to create a red thread to link our strategy, planning and people.
To achieve this, we knew we’d need to work more collaboratively than ever before – and guided by our Areas of Focus, we did just that.
Looking ahead to 2020, the final year of our Ready for Life and Work strategy, we’ll focus on our five Areas of Delivery so we can finish what we started. If you’d like to know a bit more about them, there’s lots of information on WorkLife.
Next year, we’ll also start co-creating our strategy through to 2025.
Underpinning what we do, is how we do it. And that’s all about the amazing people of RMIT.
It’s you, our community, that ignites the passion to do what we do.
So whatever the task, however high the goal or far the stretch – our values must come first.
It should be what we are best known for. It should be something people talk about.
That’s success the RMIT way.
So thank you for a terrific year – get some rest, keep safe and come back refreshed for what I’m sure will be our best year yet!
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.