VC Martin Bean - VC's Update Video 20 March 2020
VISUAL: RMIT Vice-chancellor Martin Bean addresses the camera.
MARTIN BEAN SPEAKS: Hi everyone,
It's a very difficult time and I hope you're all looking after yourselves and doing everything you can to stay healthy.
I've been keeping you updated with various decisions we've been taking in relation to management of the pandemic, those mandated by the government and those we have taken proactively ourselves.
The situation continues to rapidly evolve, so in addition to our email updates please check Worklife and the RMIT website as they are regularly updated.
These websites include links to other official channels, frequently asked questions and our support services, so I encourage you to check them regularly.
We appreciate you want to understand your options and choices and we recognise everyone has different circumstances and personal concerns.
Teams right across the University and all around the world are working incredibly hard to ensure we support our community in the best ways possible.
I want you to know that fast-tracking the delivery of content online for our teaching staff and our students, and enabling flexible options for staff and researchers, has been our priority.
We've also cancelled events, moved to digital collaboration and delivery, wherever possible, and implemented the government policies relating to travel, social distancing and isolation where needed.
The wellbeing of the RMIT community remains our focus and continues to be at the heart of our decision making.
Take care of yourselves and others, ask when you need support, and remember that we're in this together and no one should feel alone.
I'll be in touch again soon.
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.