The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
VC MARTIN BEAN – ALL STAFF UPDATE 22nd OCTOBER 2020
[START OF TRANSCRIPT]
VISUAL: RMIT Vice-Chancellor and President Martin Bean addresses the camera.
MARTIN BEAN SPEAKS:
Hi everyone - Like many of you, this weekend's announcements were a welcome relief and have given me a strong sense of hope and optimism for a safe return to campus in 2021.
As you know, our COVID-safe focus will be firmly on reinstating those activities that thrive face-to-face and using our spaces to bring the heart and community back to university life, as much as we possibly can.
I don't pretend this year has been simple, it's been far from that, but I do think it's helped us understand what we can achieve when we work together - with a common purpose.
On behalf of the RMIT community - I want to thank you for working tirelessly through 2020 with that front of mind.
We've created an environment where students can thrive online, complete essential practical learning safely and maintain a strong connection to RMIT. We're keeping people safe and I give enormous kudos to our research community who have been able to deliver outstanding outcomes this year.
Despite all the challenges, we have supported our students to progress, with many preparing for Grad week, our unique 2020 way of acknowledging the significant milestone of completing their studies with RMIT.
The RMIT community is a special one. There is so much care for each other and I know it's been tough to achieve all we have while farewelling colleagues and considering change proposals. I don't underestimate how hard this has been for our community as we respond to a very different operating environment.
If we dare to look ahead, RMIT has a significant role in social and economic recovery efforts. So, while we learn what it means to live in a COVID-normal way, let's make sure we retain that strong RMIT spirit of care and keep creating those moments of connection and conversation. It's important.
Look after yourselves and thank you for everything you're doing.
[END OF TRANSCRIPT]