The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
RMIT VC MARTIN BEAN – 9 SEPTEMBER 2020
[START OF TRANSCRIPT]
VISUAL: RMIT Vice-Chancellor and President Martin Bean addresses the camera.
MARTIN BEAN SPEAKS:
Most of you know that I am a glass-half-full person. Even with that, announcements this week about extended restrictions have seen my household ride waves of emotion and a craving to get back to a more ‘normal’ rhythm.
So I’m learning to find my energy in different ways and that’s usually staying connected to those I care about and checking that they’re OK. Very much on my mind as we celebrate RUOK day today and I know just asking, or just listening to someone can make all the difference…. It does for me.
We’re all managing this journey in different ways and it’s been wonderful to see the values-led approach our community is showing to each other. It really makes me proud.
Through the most challenging of circumstances we haven’t missed a beat – keeping the university going, caring for the experience we offer students and making continued impact through much-needed research and innovation.
To keep RMIT strong for the long term, we’re making really tough decisions which are changing our workplace and impacting people directly. But please be assured that we’re making those with the best interest of our people, students and university first – and we’re there to support you every step of the way.
Next week, I’ll be hosting our next all staff Q&A session where we’ll answer as many of your questions as we can. I hope you can make it, especially given there’s a lot on at the moment. If not, we’ll share the recording on WorkLife
Until then, take care of yourselves and those around you. Stay connected in the ways you can and keep asking each other ‘RUOK’.
Thank you and stay safe.
[END OF TRANSCRIPT]