Video message from Vice-Chancellor Martin Bean: We will get through this together
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.
VICE-CHANCELLOR’S VIDEO: We will get through this together
RMIT VC PROFESSOR MARTIN BEAN
[START OF TRANSCRIPT]
VISUAL: RMIT Vice-Chancellor and President Martin Bean addresses the camera.
MARTIN BEAN SPEAKS:
Well we've all seen the news today and this is a difficult moment for Victorians, a moment that brings recent memories and emotions flooding back.
I wanted to take a moment to let you know that we've got this!
We’ve been here before and we will get through this together.
We know how to care for each other, we know how to collaborate, and we know how to keep the work of our great University going in the face of adversity.
Thank you for all you’re doing to yet again make it possible for us to continue to work, teach, learn and research remotely.
I know it’s challenging, and I know that many of you are also having to manage challenges at home as we head into lock down.
Please reach out to our support services if you need a hand and stay connected with one another through the week ahead.
Now it’s time to stand with our families, friends and colleagues around the world, follow Government advice and do all that we can to fight this virus every step of the way.
Take care of yourselves and your loved ones.
We’ll be back together soon, and I look forward to seeing you then.