VC Martin Bean - Welcome back
RMIT VC MARTIN BEAN
STAFF WELCOME VIDEO
[START OF TRANSCRIPT]
MARTIN BEAN SPEAKS:
Womin Djeka everyone,
Saying happy new year to all of you has never felt more meaningful.
We went through an extraordinary experience in 2020 and I know many of you did it tough.
So, let me begin by again saying thank you for all you did for RMIT in 2020, I’m so very proud of everything we achieved.
I’m optimistic about the opportunities ahead of us in 2021 and looking forward to working with you to shape our future.
We’ll thoughtfully embed the changes we made last year and adopt new ways of working that will help us continue to collaborate like never before.
We’ll find our rhythm with hybrid working, harness everything we learned last year and ensure our community transitions back to campus with confidence.
As a University we have a big role to play in pandemic recovery and a responsibility to prepare our students for life and work in a changed world.
That's why I call 2021 our bridging year.
We’re going to create a bridge from last year, when so much changed for our University and the wider community, to a future where we will continue to contribute so much to the communities we serve.
I hope you’re as excited as I am about 2021 and the prospect of being back on campus with our friends, students and colleagues.
You've done a great job working, teaching, learning and researching remotely, but there’s a special kind of energy from being on campus that we simply can’t replicate.
Over the summer break, we were reminded that COVID is still with us and the importance of remaining vigilant.
We all need to keep being COVIDSafe, so please take care of each other and respect the new ways of interacting on campus that will help keep us safe.
Take care and make sure you say hi when you see me on campus, I’m so looking forward to seeing you.
[END OF TRANSCRIPT]
The following instructions will assist you to control the video player using the keyboard.
Starting and stopping the video
- Use the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination to navigate the video player controls.
- Navigate to the Play button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between play and pause.
- Navigate to the closed captions button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to open the closed captions menu.
- Navigate to the preferred close captions option using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to activate the close caption option.
- Navigate to the volume slider using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the left or right arrow to decrease and increase the volume.
- Navigate to the full screen button using the Tab or Shift + Tab keyboard combination.
- Press the Spacebar or Enter key to toggle between full screen video and normal size.