Being a Mates at RMIT Mentor will allow you to build your leadership and cross-cultural communication skills, share your knowledge and experiences to help new students and gain a better understanding of the RMIT Support services to assist students in their transition to RMIT University. Plus, you will have the opportunity to achieve the Future Edge certificate with recognition on your transcript, and be involved in a range of exciting social activities – movie night anyone?
The time commitment for the program will include:
- Six hours of compulsory mentor training
- Approximately 45 volunteer hours across the semester. This includes first-term weekly mentee meetings, attending welcome and social events, participating in leadership development, engaging with social media, and creating and delivering ‘Come With’ activities.
To become a mentor, you must:
- Be currently enrolled as a student at RMIT University Semester 1, 2020
- Be studying at RMIT University and living in Melbourne for 6 months or more
- Be confident communicating in English – writing, speaking and listening
- Attend compulsory mentor training Tuesday 14 January, Wednesday 5 February or Monday 24 February
Sounds like you?
Please register your interest for 2020 opportunities and we will be in contact soon.
Any questions, please email the Mates at RMIT Team at email@example.com