The RMIT Design Archives Journal is an award-winning design Journal published since 2011, publishes scholarly research about architecture and design, through the lens of the RMIT Design Archives collections.
The Editor of the Journal plays a vital role in advancing knowledge within field of design research and works in partnership with the RMIT Design Archives Journal Editorial Board and the RMIT Design Archives.
Benefits of the Role
- Contribute to design discipline scholarship at national level,
- Contribute to, and lead internal and external engagement activities,
- Play a key role in scholarly research, the discipline, and the design community,
- Increase your own influence and impact in the field,
- Build your editorial expertise,
- Be recognized by promotion evaluation committee,
- Contribute to an interdisciplinary organisation unit.
The Editor's key responsibilities
- Maintaining and improving the quality of work the Journal publishes and the integrity of its peer review process,
- Supporting the Journal's authors and reviewers,
- Maintaining and improving the Journal's reputation in collaboration with the journal's wider editorial team and the staff of the RMIT Design Archives,
- Publishing a minimum of two issues per calendar year.
Please read the role statement before applying. This statement also outlines the time commitment and terms of appointment. Applicants wishing to share this role with another RMIT academic will be considered.
Please submit – a cover letter outlining interest in tole and proposed vision for the Journal, current curriculum vitae, and names of two referees.
Enquires can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for expression of Interest: Friday 8 December 2023
Notification of appointment: Monday 15 January 2023