New Zealand citizens with a Special Category Visa
Am I eligible for a HELP loan or VET Student Loan?
To be eligible you must:
- be a New Zealand Special Category Visa (SCV) holder
- meet all of the long-term residency requirements
- be living in Australia while you study, and
- meet all other eligibility criteria for HELP loans or VET Student Loans.
For the full list, go to the Australian Government's Study Assist website.
Submit your supporting documentation
You need to provide us with proof that you meet the long-term residency requirements. This may include, but isn't limited to, the following:
- Australian academic transcripts (including VET transcripts) dated when you were a minor
- school reports or certificates
- enrolment papers from when you were a minor
- Australian proof of age card from when you were a minor
- Australian student ID card or concession card
- stamped passport
- payslips or payment summaries from when you were a minor
- completed Certificate of application for a Tax File Number form, Tax File Number advice, or notification of assessment of income tax dated from when you were a minor
- copies of your international movement records from the Department of Home Affairs.
Once you have your documentation, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org for assessment.