Am I eligible for a HELP loan or VET Student Loan?

To be eligible you must:

For the full list, go to the Australian Government's Study Assist website


Submit your supporting documentation

You need to provide us with proof that you meet the long-term residency requirements. This may include, but isn't limited to, the following:

  • Australian academic transcripts (including VET transcripts) dated when you were a minor
  • school reports or certificates
  • enrolment papers from when you were a minor
  • Australian proof of age card from when you were a minor
  • Australian student ID card or concession card
  • stamped passport
  • payslips or payment summaries from when you were a minor
  • completed Certificate of application for a Tax File Number form, Tax File Number advice, or notification of assessment of income tax dated from when you were a minor
  • copies of your international movement records from the Department of Home Affairs.  


Once you have your documentation, please submit it via the RMIT Connect portal for assessment.