Holds and requests
- You can place holds on up to 10 items at a time.
- Items in high demand are restricted to a 7-day loan.
- If you have overdue items, or library fines, you cannot place or collect holds.
- If you’ve placed a hold on an item that is currently on the shelf, it can still be borrowed by other users until we collect it for you.
- Borrowers from other institutions, except CAVAL and ULANZ borrowers, cannot place items on hold.
Placing a hold
You must be logged in to place a hold.
- In LibrarySearch, select the item to view the details.
- Under the Locate / Request heading, click Place a Hold.
- Select the Library pick-up location
- Press Submit.
Collecting a hold
We will email you when your hold is ready. You’ll have 7 days to collect it
Holds are available for collection from the holds shelf in the loans area of the Library you’ve selected as the pick-up location. If you do not pick your hold within 7 days from the date of our email notice, the item will be put back into circulation.
Cancelling a hold
The option for canceling holds is in the Holds section of My Account on LibrarySearch.
If the hold you want to cancel is already available for a pick up, please let us know that you no longer need it. We can then re-shelve it or hold it for the next person.
Acknowledgement of Country
RMIT University acknowledges the people of the Woi wurrung and Boon wurrung language groups of the eastern Kulin Nation on whose unceded lands we conduct the business of the University. RMIT University respectfully acknowledges their Ancestors and Elders, past and present. RMIT also acknowledges the Traditional Custodians and their Ancestors of the lands and waters across Australia where we conduct our business.