Renewals and returns
RMIT Library returns
The returns chutes are open at all Library sites.
Swanston and Bundoora Libraries:
- the chutes are external to the buildings (Swanston Library return bin is located outside of the entrance to Building 8, Level 2, off Swanston Street.)
- accessible after hours
- Covid safety requirements do not apply.
Brunswick and Carlton Libraries:
- the chutes are inside the Library buildings
- accessible only during business hours
- Covid safety requirements apply.
Please note: there may be a delay before items are checked in and removed from your record.
Document Delivery returns
During opening hours: return items to any RMIT University Library site.
After hours: use the external chutes at the Bundoora and Swanston Library sites
Check the Library opening hours before coming to campus.
CAVAL and ULANZ returns
If you have borrowed from another Library as a CAVAL or ULANZ borrower, you will need to return the item/s back to that library. Please contact them first for details.
Problems with returning library loans
Let us know as soon as possible if you have any problems returning items to the Library. For example, if:
- the items are lost, stolen or damaged,
- items you have returned still appear on your record,
- you have items on your record which you have never borrowed.
Please note: Reporting an issue does not automatically mean that the Library will waive any costs that you have incurred.