Renewals and returns
We will automatically renew your loans 3 days before the due date, unless
- You have an overdue item with a hold placed on it (this will stop the automatic renewal of all your loans)
- You have reached your maximum borrowing time:
- RMIT students and staff: 12 months
- CAVAL borrowers: 3 months
- Or your accrued fine is more than $25.00.
- Document Delivery loans from other institutions are NOT auto-renewed. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to see if a renewal is possible.
We will email you if there are holds placed on any of the items, or if you've reached your maximum borrowing time. Please return these items by the due date in the notice.
Borrowed items can be returned to any of our sites. (Brunswick Library, Carlton Library, Bundoora Library or Swanston Library) Please check if the return chute is labelled to accept Books or Audiovisual items.
Note: Swanston Library also provides an external returns chute outside of the entrance to Building 8, Level 2, off Swanston Street.
If you have borrowed an item from another University (known as CAVAL or ULANZ borrowing) please return the item back to the Library service that you originally borrowed it from.
Problems with returning library loans
Let us know as soon as possible if you have any problems returning items to the Library. For example, if:
- the items are lost, stolen or damaged,
- items you have returned still appear on your record,
- you have items on your record which you have never borrowed.
Please note: Reporting an issue does not automatically mean that the Library will waive any costs or penalties that you have incurred.
Acknowledgement of Country
RMIT University acknowledges the people of the Woi wurrung and Boon wurrung language groups of the eastern Kulin Nation on whose unceded lands we conduct the business of the University. RMIT University respectfully acknowledges their Ancestors and Elders, past and present. RMIT also acknowledges the Traditional Custodians and their Ancestors of the lands and waters across Australia where we conduct our business.