Exchange and study abroad enrolment guide – Inbound students

For exchange and study abroad students who have been approved to undertake study at RMIT Melbourne.

New login process for Enrolment Online

New login process for Enrolment Online now in effect – use your RMIT email address to log in. Go to RMIT ID and password to find out more.

Prior to enrolling for exchange or study abroad studies in Melbourne, you must:

  • Have received and accepted your offer
  • Have received your course request outcome.

Enrol in your exchange or study abroad courses via Enrolment Online by following steps in the Higher education enrolment guide – International students.

When adding classes stated in your course request outcome, search for the course under ‘Class search’.

As part of your visa conditions, you must be enrolled in a minimum of 36 credit points per semester.

Note: as part of the enrolment process, you will need to provide an Australian mailing address. If you haven’t found any accommodation in Melbourne yet, please use the following address as your mailing address:

  • Global Experience Office, Building 21, Level 2, Room 1, 124 La Trobe St, Melbourne VIC 3000, Australia.

Paying fees

Student exchange at RMIT – your home institution has a reciprocal (exchange) agreement with RMIT. As an inbound exchange student, you pay tuition fees for your studies to your home institution, not to RMIT.

Study Abroad at RMIT – your home institution doesn’t have a reciprocal (exchange) agreement. As a Study Abroad student, you’re responsible for paying the applicable fees directly to RMIT.

Keep your contact details up to date

It’s important that the contact details on your student record are up to date. Once you’ve found permanent accommodation in Melbourne, update your address by following the instructions to Update your personal details.

To extend your exchange or study abroad studies

If you wish to extend your exchange or study abroad studies, contact the Global Experience Office.


If you’re an exchange student, the Global Experience Office will send an official RMIT transcript to your home institution. 

If you’re a study abroad student, you’ll need to give your home institution an official RMIT academic transcript.

Need help?

If you have any questions about exchange or study abroud studies and enrolment, ask about global experience programs.

aboriginal flag
torres strait flag

Acknowledgement of country

RMIT University acknowledges the people of the Woi wurrung and Boon wurrung language groups of the eastern Kulin Nation on whose unceded lands we conduct the business of the University. RMIT University respectfully acknowledges their Ancestors and Elders, past and present. RMIT also acknowledges the Traditional Custodians and their Ancestors of the lands and waters across Australia where we conduct our business - Artwork 'Luwaytini' by Mark Cleaver, Palawa.