We support cycling to campus as an environmentally friendly and healthy method of transport.
How do I get bike parking access?
The following application process must be followed to add secure bike parking access to student/staff cards:
- Fill out a Security Access Card – Bicycle Parking form (now a Google form)*
- Complete and hit ‘send’ – your information will be sent to RMIT Security to process.
- Students and staff should expect to receive access within five days of RMIT Security receiving the application.
- If you are on City campus, you have the option of taking your student card directly to RMIT Security and asking for Bike Cage access.
*Please note that students and staff are not required to have their applications for bike cage access signed off by the staff member in their School/Department.
Bike parking locations
For students and staff who ride their bikes to RMIT, secure bike parking facilities are located at the following locations:
- Building 51 Bike Hub (corner of Victoria and Cardigan Street). Open 7am-7pm, Monday to Friday. After hours swipe card access via the roller door: 6am-11pm, daily.
- Building 80 (Swanston Academic Building), Level 1, 445 Swanston Street. Accessible via Stewart Street. 7am-10pm, Monday to Friday.
- Bundoora West Bike Cage – to the side of Building 202 (NEW)
- 24 hours/7 days a week.
- Bundoora East Bike Cage - Adjacent to Building 253
- Open 24 hours/7 days a week.
Please report bicycle thefts or any suspicious behaviour to RMIT Security.