RMIT supports you with a range of financial and non-financial benefits.
In addition to national and Victorian public holidays, Easter Tuesday and the period from Christmas to New Year are granted as university holidays for Higher Education professional and academic staff.
RMIT want to ensure our people have the flexibility to take care of their life just as they take care of work. We strive to empower and enable our staff to work smarter, in a way that suits their lifestyle and individual needs.
- RMIT’s Childcare Centre
- Parental leave (paid carer leave)
- Flexible working (part time work, job sharing, working from home)
Finance and Salary packaging
Through salary packaging options at RMIT, you can allocate some of your pre-tax earnings to access a range of employee benefits that are tailored to suit your financial and lifestyle needs.
- 17% Superannuation
- Portable electronic devices and hardware (Dell or HP) discounts and salary packaging
- Salary packaged car parking provided by RMIT
Health and Wellbeing
At RMIT we recognise, value and promote a fit and active lifestyle, we do this by offering a range of tools, resources, services and programs to assist our staff in managing physical health and mental wellbeing; including:
- RMIT staff gym access
- Access to RMIT teaching clinic services including Chinese Medicine, Chiropractic and Psychology treatments
- RMIT Flu vaccine and health check program
- RMIT's Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is an independent, free and confidential counselling service for all RMIT staff
- Optical corporate club benefits
RMIT provides staff with a range of travel benefits which include discounted airfares, airline club memberships, travel and accommodation.
- MYKI pass discount
- RACV Bicycle Roadside Assist
- RMIT Bicycle HUB
RMIT provides staff with a range of insurance benefits which include:
- A variety of discounted private health insurance options
- Discounted travel insurance for leisure travel for staff as well as their family and friends
- Accident Protection Insurance, covering RMIT staff whilst travelling directly between place of residence and place of business
RMIT provides staff with a range of automotive benefits, including exclusive deals from our automotive partners as well as access to our novated car lease program.
How you can give via payroll
You can give to RMIT to create transformative experiences for our students, researchers and the community. You can set up regular payroll deductions or make a one off payment by heading to the staff giving page when you have your staff website login.
By setting up payroll deductions, you will receive a tax deduction each pay cycle rather than at the end of each financial year. At the end of each year, RMIT will provide you with receipt of your donations.
100% of your donation goes directly to the selected area – there are no administrative fees – and donations over $2 are tax deductible.