International students - higher education enrolment guide
How to enrol
Some programs require you to come to a session in Australia before you can enrol. This will provide you with the essential information you need to enrol correctly.
- Check whether your program requires you to attend an Enrolment information session before you enrol.
Some programs may suggest that you enrol online from home and come to the session when you arrive in Australia. If this is the case, you should be able to enrol in Enrolment Online by following the steps in this guide. You can then attend the information session when you arrive to ask any questions and to meet your lecturers and other students.
If your program does not have a session scheduled, you can continue to enrol online now.
1. To make enrolment as easy as possible:
- use a desktop or laptop computer
- use one of RMIT’s preferred browsers for Enrolment Online e.g. Chrome
- enable pop-ups in your browser settings, or you won’t be able to complete your enrolment.
2. Log in to Enrolment Online using your RMIT ID and password:
- Your RMIT ID (username) is the letter 's' followed by your student number (excluding any additional letters). Eg: s1234567.
- Your student number is in your RMIT enrolment email.
- Your temporary password is the letter ‘p’ followed by your date of birth backwards and an exclamation mark (example: p19920428!).
Change your temporary password as soon as possible to make sure your student account is secure. Find out how at password assistance.
3. Select the Enrol button next to your program.
Important note: to enrol you are required to provide three types of address:
- Home - this must be an address in your home country
- Mailing - this is where you would like any mail sent. Your mailing address must be an Australian address to receive your student card.
- Australian residence - this is where you will be living while you study. If you are enrolling before you arrive in Australia and you do not have an address in Australia confirmed, you can use your current residence address. It is a requirement of your student visa that you update this address within 7 days of arriving in Australia, and within 7 days of any change.
1. Check your offer letter. If you’ve been granted Credit Exemptions, it's important that you don't add these classes to your enrolment.
2. Select Show classes.
3. If your classes are pre-selected for you, go to Step 3. Otherwise, follow the instructions to select your classes for each Semester.
The Status column indicates the availability of classes. These will change as you enrol. See the key below.
4. Select Add selected classes. The classes you're enrolled in will now be displayed.
5. Select Exit EOL and check the summary of your enrolment to ensure all details are correct.
6. Class timetables: Learn about timetabling as a higher education student, including how and when to access your class timetable.
Congratulations - you are now officially an RMIT student!
- If you have technical problems with Enrolment Online or password queries, contact the IT Service and Support Centre.
- For academic advice and information about your program, courses or credit, contact RMIT Connect.
- For questions about how to enrol, visit the Enrolment Support Lab or contact RMIT Connect.