International students - higher education enrolment guide
Some programs require you to come to a session in Australia before you can enrol. This will provide you with the essential information you need to enrol correctly.
- Check whether your program requires you to attend an Enrolment information session before you enrol.
Some programs may suggest that you enrol online from home and come to the session when you arrive in Australia. If this is the case, you should be able to enrol in Enrolment Online by following the steps in this guide. You can then attend the information session when you arrive to ask any questions and to meet your lecturers and other students.
If your program does not have a session scheduled, you can continue to enrol online now.
1. To make enrolment as easy as possible:
- use a desktop or laptop computer
- use one of RMIT’s preferred browsers for Enrolment Online e.g. Chrome
- enable pop-ups in your browser settings, or you won’t be able to complete your enrolment.
2. Log in to Enrolment Online using your RMIT ID and password:
- Your RMIT ID is the letter ‘s’ followed by your student number (example: s1234567).Your student number is in your RMIT enrolment email.
- Your temporary password is the letter ‘p’ followed by your date of birth backwards and an exclamation mark (example: p19920428!).
Change your temporary password as soon as possible to make sure your student account is secure. Find out how at password assistance.
3. Select the Enrol button next to the program you wish to enrol in. You can now start to enrol.
Important note: to enrol you are required to provide three types of address:
- Home - this must be an address in your home country
- Mailing - this is where you would like any mail sent
- Australian residence - this is where you will be living while you study. If you are enrolling before you arrive in Australia and you do not have an address in Australia confirmed, you can use your current residence address. It is a requirement of your student visa that you update this address within 7 days of arriving in Australia, and within 7 days of any change.
1. Select Show classes.
2. Follow the instructions to select your classes for each Semester.
If your classes are pre-selected for you, go to Step 3.
The Status column indicates the availability of classes. These will change as you enrol. See the key below.
3. Select Add selected classes. Your class enrolments will now be displayed.
4. Select Exit EOL and check the pop-up summary of your enrolment to ensure all details are correct.
5. Class timetables: Learn about timetabling as a higher education student, including how and when to access your class timetable.
Congratulations - you are now officially an RMIT student!