1. Log in to Enrolment Online
a. To make enrolment as easy as possible:
- use a desktop or laptop computer
- enable pop-ups in your browser settings, or you won’t be able to complete your enrolment
b. Log in to Enrolment Online with your RMIT email address, temporary password and multi-factor authentication.
Your RMIT email address is the letter 's' followed by your student number (excluding any additional letters) and ‘@student.rmit.edu.au’.
You'll find your student number in your RMIT enrolment email.
New students: Your temporary password is the letter 'p' followed by your date of birth backwards, with an exclamation mark '!' at the end.
Example: If your date of birth is 8 April 1998, then your password is p19980408!
You should change your temporary password as soon as possible to make sure your student account is secure. You can use your new password to access all RMIT systems, including your student email account.
Returning students: Your password is the last password you set while studying at RMIT. We recommend resetting your password if you don't remember it.
- Multi-factor authentication (MFA)
MFA requires a user to provide two factors of verification:
- an email address and password, and
- a request (yes or no response) or a passcode sent to your mobile phone. MFA adds an extra layer of protection to keep your data and RMIT networks more secure.