International students - vocational education enrolment guide
Some programs require you to come to an information session in Australia before you can enrol. This will provide you with the essential information you need to enrol correctly.
- Check whether your program requires you to attend an Enrolment information session before you enrol.
If your program does not have a session, you may follow the steps in this guide to enrol once you've arrived in Australia.
It is an Australian Government requirement that you have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) to enrol in a vocational education program. The USI is a reference number that will give you access to an online record of all of your recognised training and qualifications.
How to create your USI
- Arrive in Australia.
- Have your passport with you and your Australian visa.
- Follow the instructions on the Australian Government website.
Remember to record your USI, because you will need it to enrol.
If your program requires you to attend a session before enrolling, make sure you go to this session (or contact your school or college to discuss your course selection) before you commence this step.
1. To make enrolment as easy as possible:
- use a desktop or laptop computer
- use one of RMIT’s preferred browsers for Enrolment Online e.g. Chrome
- enable pop-ups in your browser settings, or you won’t be able to complete your enrolment.
2. Log in to myRMIT, your student portal, using your RMIT ID and password.
- Your RMIT ID is the letter ‘s’ followed by your student number (example: s1234567).Your student number is in your RMIT enrolment email.
- Your temporary password is the letter ‘p’ followed by your date of birth backwards and an exclamation mark (example: p19920428!).
Change your temporary password as soon as possible to make sure your student account is secure. Find out how at password assistance.
3. Log in to Enrolment Online.
4. Select the Enrol button next to the program you wish to enrol in. You can now start to enrol.
1. Select Show classes.
2. Follow the instructions to select classes for each semester.
If you have been provided with a section code by your school to help you with sorting and selecting your classes, enter this in the Class section field and select Show classes.
If your classes are pre-selected for you, go to step 3.
The Status column indicates the availability of classes. These will change as you enrol. See the key below.
3. Select Add selected classes. Your class enrolments will now be displayed.
4. Select Exit EOL and check the pop-up summary of your enrolment to ensure all details are correct.
5. Class timetables: Learn about timetabling as a vocational education student, including how and when to access your class timetable.
Congratulations! You are now officially an RMIT student!