International students - vocational education enrolment guide
Some programs require you to come to an information session in Australia before you can enrol. This will provide you with the essential information you need to enrol correctly.
- Check whether your program requires you to attend an Enrolment information session before you enrol.
If your program does not have a session, you may follow the steps in this guide to enrol once you've arrived in Australia.
It is an Australian Government requirement that you have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) to enrol in a vocational education program. The USI is a reference number that will give you access to an online record of all of your recognised training and qualifications.
How to create your USI
- Arrive in Australia.
- Have your passport with you and your Australian visa.
- Follow the instructions on the Australian Government website.
Remember to record your USI, because you will need it to enrol.
If your program requires you to attend a session before enrolling, please make sure you go to this session (or contact your school or college to discuss your course selection) before you commence this step.
1. To make enrolment as easy as possible:
- use a desktop or laptop computer
- use one of RMIT’s preferred browsers for Enrolment Online e.g. Chrome
- enable pop-ups in your browser settings, or you won’t be able to complete your enrolment.
2. Log in to Enrolment Online.
- Your RMIT ID (username) is the letter 's' followed by your student number (excluding any additional letters). Eg: s1234567.
- Your student number is in your RMIT enrolment email.
- Your temporary password is the letter ‘p’ followed by your date of birth backwards and an exclamation mark (example: p19920428!).
Change your temporary password as soon as possible to make sure your student account is secure. Find out how at password assistance.
3. Select the Enrol button next to your program.
Important note: to enrol you are required to provide three types of address:
- Home - this must be an address in your home country
- Mailing - this is where you would like any mail sent. Your mailing address must be an Australian address to receive your student card.
- Australian residence - this is where you will be living while you study. If you are enrolling before you arrive in Australia and you do not have an address in Australia confirmed, you can use your current residence address. It is a requirement of your student visa that you update this address within 7 days of arriving in Australia, and within 7 days of any change.
1. Select Show classes.
2. Follow the instructions to select classes for each semester.
- If you have been provided with a Class section code by your school to help you to select your classes, enter this in the Class section field and select Show classes.
- If your classes are pre-selected for you, go to step 3.
The Status column indicates the availability of classes. These will change as you enrol. See the key below.
3. Select Add selected classes. The classes you're enrolled in will now be displayed.
4. Select Exit EOL and check the pop-up summary of your enrolment to ensure all details are correct.
5. Class timetables: Learn about timetabling as a vocational education student, including how and when to access your class timetable.
Congratulations! You are now officially an RMIT student!