RMIT strives to be a transparent organisation whose community recognises the fundamental significance of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander traditions, heritage, knowledges and perspectives to and within the University.
We are willing to learn and embrace the opportunities that will help to enrich and benefit all staff and students.
We aim to position ourselves as both an employer of choice and preferred place to study for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
Our aspiration is to lead in the areas of reconciliation by:
- Committing our University to the goal of creating an Australia that provides equal life chances for all
- Ensuring all staff and students are treated with dignity and respect
- Engaging Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples meaningfully to work towards a shared future
- Promoting a learning and research environment that engages a working partnership and values Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander knowledges, cultures and diversity
- Increasing the numbers of students from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds obtaining post-school educational qualifications, as a means of obtaining economic empowerment and independence.