Foundation Studies enrolment guide
Update: Semester 2 classes
Semester 2 classes will be delivered online. This means no matter where in the world you are, you will be able to study with us for the duration of the semester.
For courses that require learning activities that can't be completed online including labs, specialist classes and research activities, RMIT will support you in completing your practical work and provide make-up classes at a later date, or in a future semester when you are able to safely return on campus.
As Government advice changes, we may return activities, such as tutorials, to campus. If that happens, and you are not here, RMIT will support you to continue your studies remotely.
How to enrol
Follow these steps to enrol in your calsses.
1. To make enrolment as easy as possible:
- use a desktop or laptop computer
- use one of RMIT’s preferred browsers for Enrolment Online (e.g. Chrome)
- enable pop-ups in your browser settings, or you won’t be able to complete your enrolment
2. Go to Enrolment Online.
3. Log in using your RMIT ID and password.
4. Select the Enrol button next to your Foundation Studies program.
Students must have a FULL ACCEPTANCE in Foundation Studies to see this.
If you are unable to see this, contact RMIT Connect for help.
1. Read through the student declaration and responsibilities and click on the checkbox that you agree.
2. Work your way through the Checklist and answer the questions in each of the sections.
Important: Provide three types of addresses
To enrol you are required to provide three types of address:
- Home - this must be an address in your home country
- Mailing - this is where you would like any mail sent. Your mailing address must be an Australian address to receive your student card.
- Australian residence - this is where you will be living while you study. If you are enrolling before you arrive in Australia and you do not have an address in Australia confirmed, you can use your current residence address. It is a requirement of your student visa that you update this address within 7 days of arriving in Australia, and within 7 days of any change.
Preferred name: At RMIT we recognise that some students may choose to use a name that affirms their gender. Although some University processes may require you to use the name on your legal documentation, we can support you to ensure that you’re addressed by the correct pronouns and name while studying at RMIT. Please contact a Diversity and Inclusion Advisor at email@example.com for advice.
If you need help, contact RMIT Connect.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to advise you’ve completed the checklist. Foundation Studies staff will send you the link to an online enrolment form for course selection.
The Foundation Studies team will enrol you into the selected courses.
Add selected classes
The classes you're enrolled in will now be displayed.
- For academic advice and information about your program and courses, contact RMIT Connect.
- For questions about how to enrol, go to Enrolment Support.
- If you have technical problems with Enrolment Online or password queries, contact the IT Service and Support Centre.
- If you have any other questions about enrolment, contact RMIT Connect.