The Australian Government provides financial assistance in the form of the HELP loans and VET Student Loans schemes.
A Commonwealth assistance loan can help eligible students to pay tuition fees, the student services and amenities fee, or to meet overseas study travel expenses.
The different loans schemes are:
- HECS-HELP – for eligible higher education students in a Commonwealth supported place.
- FEE-HELP – for eligible full-fee higher education students.
- VET Student Loans - for eligible vocational education students enrolling in an eligible RMIT program.
- SA-HELP – for eligible higher education students to defer paying the student services and amenities fee.
- OS-HELP – for eligible Commonwealth supported students studying overseas.
To find out about the different loan schemes and if you are eligible, visit Study Assist.